USF thoughts | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

USF thoughts

I hope a team's biggest improvement is between week 2 and week 3. Otherwise I think we're in some trouble this weekend. Watered down version of last week, but offense won't have much room for error.

Right now I am thinking a 52-45 type of game. They are a bad matchup for our D. We will matchup a lot better vs UConn, Wake, BC, NC State, VA Tech, Pitt. So a loss to USF doesn't make getting to 6 impossible.

They killed us running to the outside last year. Louisville just killed us running to the outside, particularly to their right side. I foresee more of the same and it makes me very concerned.

Think the drops were more a function of Jackson not throwing a particularly catchable ball. No touch on short or intermediate throws, nose down. Very Vick-like in that regard.

What? No way, i sit 3 rows off the visitors bench. The wrs were getting lambasted by the coaches. Those balls were right on the money and 20+ yd throws. They did have their C Game as Jackson eluded to after the game. Those were drops.

Right now I am thinking a 52-45 type of game. They are a bad matchup for our D. We will matchup a lot better vs UConn, Wake, BC, NC State, VA Tech, Pitt. So a loss to USF doesn't make getting to 6 impossible.

True, but if we could steal this one against usf being outmanned and outclassed, we would be more than on schedule for that bowl. Lets go!

Louisville played with one eye on FSU , hence the drops . USF is coming with an ax to grind as to why they aren't in a P5 conference and teams like Syracuse are . They will also have AAC refs .

Interesting pov, at the very least something to keep in mind during preparations.

They killed us running to the outside last year. Louisville just killed us running to the outside, particularly to their right side. I foresee more of the same and it makes me very concerned.

Yes, USF's o-line concerns me.

If I were on SU's football team, I would first be angry as hell coming off a loss like Lville and now being an underdog at home vs USF I'm even more angry. As a player I want to play this team again and I want to beat their @$$! Anyone that even thinks we don't stand a chance I punch them in the nose and tell them to get off the damn team - go play for Rutgirls.

Respect is earned and SU has not earned it yet. My hope is that the players play with a huge chip on their shoulders on Sat to start the slow climb back to respectability.

The advantage is that HCDB has film of our players matching up against USF from last year. USF is not playing against the same SU they faced last year but we are and we were way out of shape compared to them last year - not so this year! This was the game I was most looking for to see where we are under HCDB's new system.

Advantage SU in a wild shootout looking to see more records broken. LGO!

If I were on SU's football team, I would first be angry as hell coming off a loss like Lville and now being an underdog at home vs USF I'm even more angry. As a player I want to play this team again and I want to beat their @$$! Anyone that even thinks we don't stand a chance I punch them in the nose and tell them to get off the damn team - go play for Rutgirls.

Respect is earned and SU has not earned it yet. My hope is that the players play with a huge chip on their shoulders on Sat to start the slow climb back to respectability.

The advantage is that HCDB has film of our players matching up against USF from last year. USF is not playing against the same SU they faced last year but we are and we were way out of shape compared to them last year - not so this year! This was the game I was most looking for to see where we are under HCDB's new system.

Advantage SU in a wild shootout looking to see more records broken. LGO!
I will take the record breaking as long as we're are doing it!! And we'll said. I hope the players are fired up.

Louisville's superhuman QB beat us running to the outside, Flowers won't. He's a nice player but he doesn't have game speed like Lamar, not even close.

14330092_10209235451137544_340951656790680430_n.jpg

No more blowouts. USF is good, but we need to keep them within striking distance while making a game of it. No more blowouts at home, & game over by the 3rd quarter. That's not too much to ask, is it? Well...is it??:noidea:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom