USFL | Syracusefan.com

USFL

LAOrange

Starter
Sorry if this was already discussed, but are there any Syracuse players in the USFL?

It was good solid football and it was organized.

QB arm talent left something to be desired in most games, but it’s definitely legit football.

I hope one of these leagues is able to make a go of it. There’s quality athletes out there during a time of year where most don’t mind casually watching a game bc they’re football starved.

Gives fringe league players an opportunity to continue development. There was a couple guys on display today that are NFL players. The CB for Philly and the WR for Michigan are two that come to mind.

Stevie Scott did some nice things. And he also left his QB hanging out to dry on a blitz pickup on another. Things to work on.

The NFL could use a league like this to try new rules, safety items and the such. Wouldn’t be surprised if some money is changing hands between the 2 groups.

As others have mentioned hope one of these
Leagues stick for us football die hards who love to watch it year round!

Oh and more Cuse players please, would love to see ED leading one of these teams!

Year round football (more or less) is always a good thing. Takes the edge off of the excruciatingly long college football season. The drones on the field will take a bit of getting used to but I think this league is going to last.

Cole Murphy just kicked a 56-yard FG for the Birmingham Stallions and Collinsworth the younger was talking about how good Cole is. They showed him easily making a 70-yard FG while training. Collinsworth got the Cuse reference in there nicely.
20220521_194854.jpg

Last edited:
Lol. Could even hit one from 40 last year and all of a sudden is hitting bombs. Foid for Cole I guess but that stings...what if

?? He graduated in like 2018. Unless you’re talking about a pro league.

Why don’t they televise/advertise the games? It’d be better than watching MLB, NBA, college softball/baseball

Why don’t they televise/advertise the games? It’d be better than watching MLB, NBA, college softball/baseball
I would rather watch all those things than minor league football. No disrespect to Cole - great kick by him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom