UVA Commit Safety Malcolm Cook may visit SU | Syracusefan.com

UVA Commit Safety Malcolm Cook may visit SU

CuseLegacy

Safety Malcolm Cook (Fork Union, Va./Fork Union Military Academy) remains committed to Virginia, but he said he plans to "shop around" before signing day.

The 6-foot-1, 200-pound prospect will take an official visit to Virginia on Jan. 18 before visiting Virginia Tech a week later. Cook is also in the midst of scheduling an official to Wake Forest, and he's also considering trips to Syracuse and TCU.

"I'm going to go to those schools and shop around, but right now I'm committed to Virginia and [head coach] Mike London," he said. "I want to see what those places have to offer. I don't think that'll change my mind -- I don't think there's really anything that could change my mind -- but I just want to see."

Cool. Let him come check it out. If he's not sold on SU, then nothing lost.

Safety Malcolm Cook (Fork Union, Va./Fork Union Military Academy) remains committed to Virginia, but he said he plans to "shop around" before signing day.

The 6-foot-1, 200-pound prospect will take an official visit to Virginia on Jan. 18 before visiting Virginia Tech a week later. Cook is also in the midst of scheduling an official to Wake Forest, and he's also considering trips to Syracuse and TCU.

"I'm going to go to those schools and shop around, but right now I'm committed to Virginia and [head coach] Mike London," he said. "I want to see what those places have to offer. I don't think that'll change my mind -- I don't think there's really anything that could change my mind -- but I just want to see."
Just talk, no real chance unless he gets here and is overpowered by what he sees.

Could be that Jonathan Burtons' recent commitment to SU prompted the interest. Might like the idea of playing with a former teammate.

Nice offer sheet and we're sorta hurting for safeties. Big kid could get early playing time. Hope we get he visit

Any way we can get ins with Fork Union is a positive in my eyes. Have watched that school for about 8 years and they consistently push out D1 talent. I'd love to get him, especially at a future conference rival and even moreso because it comes at the expense of UVA (you will all learn to know that I hate most of the ACC considering I've grown up mostly in ACC country).

No, if kids are are uncertain, then they shouldn't commit so early.
No. The lack of early sihning is solely to benefit the big boys.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

He's got some good offers. Would love to see SU take a run at him.