UVA has to be a 1 | Syracusefan.com

UVA has to be a 1

100% agree, they play smart team basketball. I feel like I'm watching a 21st century Hoosiers movie when seeing them play.

I'd be livid if I'm uva and not #1
This .. a great Virginia team, great D, great passing. Those early losses should be weighted lightly given how strong they finished.

But, but, I thought they were overrated! I mean, Wisconsin-green bay! With Grant we roll!

They have a better case for a #1 than Nova or L'ville. Something about them hasn't made me a believer. I don't think they make the Final 4.

They have been able to dictate tempo in the ACC, but can they adapt if needed?

1 team is already going to get a 1, who shouldn't.

Let's hope its not 2.

Very impressed with Virginia. That really hurt the ACC when Virginia, Wake and NC State couldn't get their act together imho. I think Bennett will keep Virginia rolling so that's a pretty strong five with us, Duke, UNC, Louisville and Virginia. I might be crazy but I still think Wake could turn into a solid program again if they stop screwing around and get a solid coach. They were good for too long for me to think they can't recapture it. Then NC State always has potential but I think they might trend around bubble territory with Gottfried there.

They have a better case for a #1 than Nova or L'ville. Something about them hasn't made me a believer. I don't think they make the Final 4.

They have been able to dictate tempo in the ACC, but can they adapt if needed?

They have senior leadership, as good or better a coach as there is, and they are VERY physical - able to impose their will in the paint on both ends of the floor. These guys are beasts. And they play like they are supposed to win.

That all translates to any opponent.

They have senior leadership, as good or better a coach as there is, and they are VERY physical - able to impose their will in the paint on both ends of the floor. These guys are beasts. And they play like they are supposed to win.

That all translates to any opponent.

Sounds a lot like Pitt and how have they done in tournament games where they aren't allowed to be as physical as usual? Bennett is far from the best coach in the country- is he even a top 10 guy? Can UVA play against a team with quick guards like UConn or Providence? Can they handle an Okie St or Baylor who can match them inside? I just don't watch their games and think that they can overwhelm everyone when games are called a lot differently.

If Michigan is the 1 seed and Villanova is the 2 seed then the best place for Virginia would be the 3 in the East. Rather than being the 2 seed in the South with a possible Louisville as a 3 seed and Florida as a 1. Unless they send them out West as a 2 seed with Arizona a 1 and Iowa State a 3 seed.

Sounds a lot like Pitt and how have they done in tournament games where they aren't allowed to be as physical as usual? Bennett is far from the best coach in the country- is he even a top 10 guy? Can UVA play against a team with quick guards like UConn or Providence? Can they handle an Okie St or Baylor who can match them inside? I just don't watch their games and think that they can overwhelm everyone when games are called a lot differently.
Us, FSU and North Carolina are big teams. Did they play Clemson? KJ McDaniels is better than the UCONN guards. I don't know if they played everyone I listed but the ACC is pretty diverse and a beast defensively.

Us, FSU and North Carolina are big teams. Did they play Clemson? KJ McDaniels is better than the UCONN guards. I don't know if they played everyone I listed but the ACC is pretty diverse and a beast defensively.

We did play Clemson... KJ was a beast, but if I'm not mistaken, we won by 10+...

No Duke favoritism today? VA 15 fouls and 38 FT attempts. Duke 28 fouls and 11 FT attempts.

1 vs a 2 won't really matter with uva as at worst they should be 2 in east

UVA passes the look test more than Michigan IMO. Louisville and Floridia are the best two teams right now. The real wild card is Michigan State's health. Their first five are very strong. Payne and Harris and Smith and Harrell are the best two inside out combos.

No Duke favoritism today? VA 15 fouls and 38 FT attempts. Duke 28 fouls and 11 FT attempts.

Difference is Virginia brought it inside while Duke relied on jump shots. Same thing for SU when Grant was out. The only one that brought it inside were Ennis and Fair. In the Virginia game, Fair and Ennis were 9-11 FT while the rest of the team was 2-3. In the Georgia Tech game, Fair and Ennis were 4-9 FT while the rest of the team was 3-7. The FSU game, Grant, Fair and Ennis were 9-11 FT while the rest of the team was 2-4. The NC State game Grant, fair and Ennis were 18-23, while the rest of the team was 5-6.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom