UVA opens -7 over SU... | Syracusefan.com

UVA opens -7 over SU...

moneyline might be juicy. Stay tuned

That's the current kenpom projection, which usually aligns to the opening spread. With you guys playing much better of late I expect it'll come down to about 5 (unless the bettors think there's some kind of "revenge factor" from the E8 game... which I don't expect). Good value on 'Cuse either way though. Despite the way we've deconstructed the zone in the past, we don't have a really good offensive player (Brogdon/Gill/Toby) to play the high post this year. Wilkins has been really coming along lately, but still prone to forcing bad passes and/or going cold on jumpers from the FT area (if you're going to give him that opening on the catch).

Looking forward to a good game tomorrow. Nice to see you guys playing closer to your preseason expectations lately. Lots of respect for your program and Boeheim.

That's the current kenpom projection, which usually aligns to the opening spread. With you guys playing much better of late I expect it'll come down to about 5 (unless the bettors think there's some kind of "revenge factor" from the E8 game... which I don't expect). Good value on 'Cuse either way though. Despite the way we've deconstructed the zone in the past, we don't have a really good offensive player (Brogdon/Gill/Toby) to play the high post this year. Wilkins has been really coming along lately, but still prone to forcing bad passes and/or going cold on jumpers from the FT area (if you're going to give him that opening on the catch).

Looking forward to a good game tomorrow. Nice to see you guys playing closer to your preseason expectations lately. Lots of respect for your program and Boeheim.

Classy post. I personally think Tony Bennett is the best coach in the country in terms preparation/game-planning and in-game adjustments. He's definitely the best defensive coach in the country and he's getting better at recruiting. Your guys play tough, physical defense, make extra passes and don't turn the ball over. It's no fun to play against. We are going to have to play one of our best games of the season have a chance at the end.

is virginia the new pitt of 2002-2012? tough defensive style of play, great regular seasons, always beats syracuse (except for elite 8), but never makes the final 4?

is virginia the new pitt of 2002-2012? tough defensive style of play, great regular seasons, always beats syracuse (except for elite 8), but never makes the final 4?
Can't explain why, but Virginia seems to play lockdown defense with less fouling, clutching, and grabbing than does Pitt.

This is not going to be a close game. If we score 60+, consider it a good sign for us going forward, win or loss.
Can you be more specific about your prediction

what do you mean it's not going to be a close game ?
Are we gonna lose by a lot or win by a lot ?

For the fourth time this line makes no sense. How they are only giving SU just 7 points insane.
If I bet on games involving my team I am sorry I would easily take UVA.

Thanks very much

The Hoos fans almost without exception are cool people here. More than any other fan base

Can you be more specific about your prediction

what do you mean it's not going to be a close game ?
Are we gonna lose by a lot or win by a lot ?

I think we lose by a lot (relative to the slow pace this game will be played at). I don't think our guards can function against this defense. The only team to top 60 against them over the last 5 games is Nova at home. So even if we lose, but score 60+, it means our guards played well enough and it was their offense that beat us. That is a good sign going into our upcoming games which mostly feature elite defenses.