UVA vs ND | Syracusefan.com

UVA vs ND

Edfromsodus

Scout Team
Good game so far.

I really wish we could get Tony Bennett to coach Syracuse. Love the pack line D. He kids play with effort every game.

VJ Beachem follows up his career game vs. us with a 1/10 (0/5 from 3) game tonight

b/c UVA doesn't stand around and hope he misses

Haha yup. Was just going to post this.
Law of averages. Basketball is math.

ND was 26-for-37 (70%) the previous two games from beyond the arch. Unsustainable. Plus, UVa's D is stellar. Bad combo for Brey.

We will beat the Cavaliers next weekend BTW. Just a feeling.
Haha yup. Was just going to post this.

Yes a great young coach. He will break through in the tournament eventually.

Yep, not this year, probably. They are not as good as last year. He can coach his ass off for sure.

Can you imagine a coach here with such great success, being 9-6 in the tournament and losing to a team like we had last year with a final four on the line?? Torches and pitchforks.

Yeah, I can imagine it. The better thought is how good Bennett will be when he's in his 50's. We've had plenty of success and failure in the NCAA tournament. If JB could survive bitter losses like Richmond, Vermont and the like, I'm sure our fanbase could deal with an Elite 8 loss here and there under Bennett. It's not going to happen but I wouldn't blink before saying yes.

Beachem was actually guarded. The guy was wide open against us and/or we let him drive right by us for monster dunks.

18140316.jpg

Boeheim's record in his first 15 NCAAT games was 7-8, 9-6 isn't too bad.

Bennett's a good coach. Last year Virginia became the first old ACC school - other than Duke and North Carolina obviously and not counting the Big East additions - to make it past the Sweet Sixteen since Georgia Tech did it in 2004, a span of 12 years.

Boeheim's record in his first 15 NCAAT games was 7-8, 9-6 isn't too bad.

Bennett's a good coach. Last year Virginia became the first old ACC school - other than Duke and North Carolina obviously and not counting the Big East additions - to make it past the Sweet Sixteen since Georgia Tech did it in 2004, a span of 12 years.
Didn't NC State make it 2 or 3 years ago?

Didn't NC State make it 2 or 3 years ago?

Nope. To make it past the Sweet Sixteen you have to win 3 tournament games in a row, 1986 was the last time NC State did that.

Please do not go after Tony Bennett. Is he effective? Yes. Are his teams exciting? No. I saw them play at Pittsburgh this year and they looked awful.

Also, Tony Bennett is completely overrated. He is a media darling. Jimmy put the press on them last year in the Elite 8 and he looked like he had never coached before.

Can you imagine a coach here with such great success, being 9-6 in the tournament and losing to a team like we had last year with a final four on the line?? Torches and pitchforks.

Better yet, imagine being a one seed twice and a two seed over the last three years and losing in the sweet sixteen twice and not even making a final four?

And, to make it worse, imagine that, as a one seed, that coach's team blows a double digit lead midway through the second half and loses to a double-digit seed in what can only be termed as an epic collapse?

So many posters around here would be foaming at the mouth with rage that you'd think there was a rabies epidemic in central New York...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom