VA Safety Christian Byrum top 6 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

VA Safety Christian Byrum top 6

Just an FYI, several moderators of this board including Bees has asked that posters here do NOT contact recruits via Twitter. If you want to go ahead and do it anyway thats your perogative and no one can stop you as you noted, but if you want to avoid a timeout or a ban from this site I would avoid posting about the issue and delete the one I quoted. Just a heads up.

That's not what I'm trying to say.. I'm just tired of reading thru everyone's BS of what you can do and what you can't. I want to read about the player that is highlighted in the title! So ill keep my post thanks for the warning. So ill ask the mods.. MODS can you please pin a thread about NCAA stuff for everyone that wants to talk about it can? I myself am tired of reading about it!

That's not what I'm trying to say.. I'm just tired of reading thru everyone's BS of what you can do and what you can't. I want to read about the player that is highlighted in the title! So ill keep my post thanks for the warning. So ill ask the mods.. MODS can you please pin a thread about NCAA stuff for everyone that wants to talk about it can? I myself am tired of reading about it!

Honestly its pretty clear, dont post about contacting recruits on twitter, if you or someone else does, posters on this board will point out that the moderators do not want posters of this site contacting recruits and to stop. If your not interested in reading that your best bet is to simply skip over those posts and get to those that actually talk about the recruit/player in question. Complaining about it isnt going to help as those regulations are what the mods want here.

Honestly its pretty clear, dont post about contacting recruits on twitter, if you or someone else does, posters on this board will point out that the moderators do not want posters of this site contacting recruits and to stop. If your not interested in reading that your best bet is to simply skip over those posts and get to those that actually talk about the recruit/player in question. Complaining about it isnt going to help as those regulations are what the mods want here.

Is it possible that with the new coaching staff there is a different message being sent about tweeting with recruits or at recruits? It just seems like they are asking for us to tweet and show support for recruits and Cuse.

I remember that Bees' posted about being asked not to tweet with recruits, and that means people that post on this site, but maybe that has changed? Just throwing it out there.

Is it possible that with the new coaching staff there is a different message being sent about tweeting with recruits or at recruits? It just seems like they are asking for us to tweet and show support for recruits and Cuse.

I remember that Bees' posted about being asked not to tweet with recruits, and that means people that post on this site, but maybe that has changed? Just throwing it out there.

White and others may now be asking for SU fans to tweet recruits and honestly as I noted above if you want to no one on this board is going to try and stop you or scold you for it. However, it is still an NCAA violation as ludicrous as it may seem. As such Bees does not want this site associated with it for many reasons that I think are pretty self explanatory. If you want to tweet recruits thats fine, but do not post about it here or associate it with Syracusefan.

The issue is with boosters and booster groups predominantly, although the admins here have taken a stronger stance and said that no posters here should be doing it. The NCAA bylaws are very clear on what defines a booster or booster group and the expectations for them in regards to recruiting. Some of the posters here definitely fall into the booster classification, and there's also grayness as to whether the entire community here would be considered a booster group because some of the members are boosters and the site recently sponsored a site wide fundraising effort to benefit the AD.

Thing is, just because it isn't being enforced or enforced heavily, it doesn't mean it isn't a violation, it doesn't mean it isn't bad practice, and it doesn't mean that the NCAA won't decide to enforce it more heavily in the future. It's better to be proactive on compliance than reactive. Reactive gets you early 90's probation in the basketball program - knowing violations are being committed, however minor they may be, and being complacent about it.

Hernandez is shooting people while at UF and people here are actually talking about NCAA violations because of twitter posts

Or Buttgers alum Anthony Davis tweeting Mavety and negative recruiting against Syracuse while doing it, yet were worried about a few townies from a message board who are tweeting.

I say tweet away just don't post here that you did.

Or Buttgers alum Anthony Davis tweeting Mavety and negative recruiting against Syracuse while doing it, yet were worried about a few townies from a message board who are tweeting.

I say tweet away just don't post here that you did.

exactly. it seems most tweeters aren't using government names, or their handles here so i don't see the issue. the coaching staff is asking for it, just don't post about what you tweeted on here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom