VaTech over Duke 64-63 | Syracusefan.com

VaTech over Duke 64-63

Virginia Tech's RPI is only 59. This might put them in the mid 40's but that's still just a Quadrant 2 win for Syracuse.

Virginia Tech's RPI is only 59. This might put them in the mid 40's but that's still just a Quadrant 2 win for Syracuse.
Some wins by the Orange could help their RPI.

if the Orange didn't have that hangover from the UNC game, they would have beat Duke. Got to get BC.

What ? How can anyone say this with any certitude ?
Duke scored 60 points Saturday and 63 today. Orange had their worst shooting day of the year. It's not some crazy thought.

Don't get down on the team, they can still put it all together.
Believe it or not, all the offensive frustration aside, I still expect big time results every single game. This team is terrible offensively, but when they’re on...like against VT or BC, they have the ability to flat out light teams up. They definitely have it in them, just wish it happened a bit more. I’m all Orange...through the good and bad!

Believe it or not, all the offensive frustration aside, I still expect big time results every single game. This team is terrible offensively, but when they’re on...like against VT or BC, they have the ability to flat out light teams up. They definitely have it in them, just wish it happened a bit more. I’m all Orange...through the good and bad!
Got to get hot at the right time. Like Wednesday would be nice.

I'm thinking they win 3 and we win 3.

They can move their RPI... at this point we really can't,

They have played 30 games... so the opponents have 870 games. Us winning games 871,872,873 is not going to change that opponents winning% factor in the crappy RPI formula.

Shaping up to be an epic cluster ****.

Just wondering why you think it will be any worse than the top 50 or top 100 in the past.

I know your preferences for teams getting in, and it would seem that the garbage out issues would be the same either way.

They can move their RPI... at this point we really can't,

They have played 30 games... so the opponents have 870 games. Us winning games 871,872,873 is not going to change that opponents winning% factor in the crappy RPI formula.
It can't hurt it. If the Orange gets in, it will be by the skin of our teeth.

Here are the actual 4 quadrants:
Now the committee is looking at each team’s record in four “quadrants,” and here’s how those quadrants break down:

• Quadrant 1: Home games vs. teams RPI ranked 1-30, neutral games vs. 1-50, away games vs. 1-75
  • Quadrant 2: Home 31-75, neutral 51-100, away 76-135
  • Quadrant 3: Home 76-160, neutral 101-200, away 136-240
  • Quadrant 4: Home 161-plus, neutral 201-plus, away 241-plus

Just wondering why you think it will be any worse than the top 50 or top 100 in the past.

I know your preferences for teams getting in, and it would seem that the garbage out issues would be the same either way.

That's all true. I'm frustrated in that I thought we were trending toward moving away from the reliance on the RPI. The quadrant system, to me, almost seems to be doubling down on the RPI approach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom