Vegas Bracketology | Syracusefan.com

Vegas Bracketology

And Florida I don't see having more than 2-3 tough games the rest of the way

This is based on what teams would be favored over others in the field. There's not much separating the top 12 but I think it's fair to say a number of teams would be favored against Wichita St on a neutral court.

Is this Vegas seeding the teams, or just how they would rate them?
Iowa as a 1 seems high, but Pomeroy does have them 7th I think. And Vegas and Pomeroy are generally really close

That is crazy, but I will say that Iowa is the team from the B1G I want least in our bracket. They go 11 deep and I think could get us into foul trouble with White and Marble's games.

Louisville best wins this season are @UConn and SMU at home. They beat nobody in the non-conference and that projection is so bad its laughable.

Is this Vegas seeding the teams, or just how they would rate them?
Iowa as a 1 seems high, but Pomeroy does have them 7th I think. And Vegas and Pomeroy are generally really close
How they would rate them. Sorry, probably should've clarified that. It's obviously a lot more likely that Wichita St will get a #1 seed over Louisville or Iowa.

How they would rate them. Sorry, probably should've clarified that. It's obviously a lot more likely that Wichita St will get a #1 seed over Louisville or Iowa.

Yeah, that's what I figured. I love looking at the Vegas stuff. Always take a look before filling out any brackets. Love the pools where you get extra points for picking higher seeds; you'll see a lot of 5-12 games that are like 2 point spreads; that's an easy upset pick for me

http://msn.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/vegas-bracketology.php

#1 seeds -- Syracuse, Duke, Iowa and Louisville.
Even with all the close games, Vegas still would favor Syracuse over anyone on a neutral court. According to Vegas odds, the AP top 4 fall as follows:
Wichita state - 4 seed
Arizona - 2 seed
Florida 2 seed.

so for anyone ever questioning if there is opportunity in many of the betting lines you see for college games, Exhibit A to support how wrong they can be.

Edit - I see the clarification, makes more sense than if those teams were 1 seeds. Exhibit A to be stricken from the record.

That is crazy, but I will say that Iowa is the team from the B1G I want least in our bracket. They go 11 deep and I think could get us into foul trouble with White and Marble's games.

Louisville best wins this season are @UConn and SMU at home. They beat nobody in the non-conference and that projection is so bad its laughable.

It's not a projection of seeds. It's merely teams dumped into a a seed line based on Vegas ranking.

Duke...on a neutral court? Sure, maybe we beat them by 12, but maybe they beat us by 12 too. I haven't been following them closely, but hasn't their stock been consistently rising, whereas ours has been up and down?

Dont worry, none of them are likley lurking, you can just be honest.

I think Vegas' favoring may be a bit more due to current public perception and the records, and the 1 ridiculously close win at home. I dont brush Duke off the way some of you do, but I really hope you are correct! (and if they should beat us twice more, I wonder if vegas would still favor us? Id think they'd favor them by more than whatever we're favored by now. It's sad, I was hoping for the easy sweep many seemed to be insinuating earlier on. We'll have next year, and the year after, etc, etc, for the hard fought games...unless those Mcd's All Americans are even more meaningless than some think). Of course if we don't have to play them until the final 4, I dont suppose we could ask much more, right? I dont want to sound like a downer, so LGO!

I havent followed MSU lately, but when I saw them play Michigan I thought they would be a powerful team when at full strength. Am I off on that?

http://msn.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/vegas-bracketology.php

#1 seeds -- Syracuse, Duke, Iowa and Louisville.
Even with all the close games, Vegas still would favor Syracuse over anyone on a neutral court. According to Vegas odds, the AP top 4 fall as follows:
Wichita state - 4 seed
Arizona - 2 seed
Florida 2 seed.
Florida no way a 2, they are a 1.
I almost agree on Louisville, they are under the radar but coming on. A 2 at least.
Iowa NFW MSU will be there.
I think Arizona is in trouble, but a weak league will cushion that. If not for that they could fall to a 3 and UCLA be a 3.

Wich. St. as a 4 seems silly to me.

I'm not so sure it is. All depends on how you are rating things. I think if they go undefeated with the relative weakness of other one seeds other than SU (AZ now has to prove they are again) they very easily could get a one seed. Still one lose which would be a bad loss and suddenly that resume is more like a 4 or worse if you are looking for quality wins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom