Verbal Commits Orange Page Doesn't Look Right | Syracusefan.com

Verbal Commits Orange Page Doesn't Look Right

Dave85

Living Legend
This page seems to have a bunch of errors to me:

Verbal Commits

Anyone else agree? Usually it's pretty accurate.

What time should we all be over :p

wings around 2pm, ribs at 6pm, steaks whenever you bring them ;)

IMG_20150816_182307573.jpg
IMG_20170506_190716155.jpg

Last edited:
Going camping fellas!

Hey tee!! Have fun camping.

As I told you all, I've been doing a lot of fishing to occupy my mind in absence of Orange basketball. Here's a 5 pound Pike I caught at Spruce Run Reservoir. I know you up state folks probably catch Pike that would eat my Pike for bait. But for New Jersey, this is a pretty good fish:

pike1.jpg

And then about hour later I caught a 4 pound one. The cool thing about this one is it has the very rare once-in-a-lifetime markings known as a "Striped Northern Pike":

pike2.jpg

I showed someone who fishes the lake all the time and I thought the guy was going to die he was so mad at me. He said he's been trying to catch a striped pike his whole life. It was like my 2nd time to the lake.

tricky to clean properly but so delicious. my friend bernie makes a secret coating with ground bbq potato chips . i myself prefer a gently poached court-bouillon finished with a white butter sauce.

Nice smoke ring on those ribs, Jordoo!

Thanks! It took plenty of tries to get my process and time down. I still tweak but Its basically 3 hours, light saucing, another .5 hour, healthy saucing, tinfoil wrap and let sit for 15 minutes. That's a homemade BBQ sauce that has a mustard, cider vinegar, brown sugar base.

Last edited:
wings around 2pm, ribs at 6pm, steaks whenever you bring them ;)

View attachment 101033 View attachment 101030
I like how you serve the entire wing. I have loved wings since they were born. My one big peeve about them is where some/ most restaurants cut them in half and then call them "wings". Down where I now live, it varies how a restaurant will serve them, so it is generally good to ask. Nice photos, by the way. Makes me pissed I had a salad today. Be right over!

Hey

As I told you all, I've been doing a lot of fishing to occupy my mind in absence of Orange basketball. Here's a 5 pound Pike I caught at Spruce Run Reservoir. I know you up state folks probably catch Pike that would eat my Pike for bait. But for New Jersey, this is a pretty good fish:

View attachment 101061

And then about hour later I caught a 4 pound one. The cool thing about this one is it has the very rare once-in-a-lifetime markings known as a "Striped Northern Pike":

View attachment 101062

I showed someone who fishes the lake all the time and I thought the guy was going to die he was so mad at me. He said he's been trying to catch a striped pike his whole life. It was like my 2nd time to the lake.
Hey Dave, nice going. when I lived in NJ we were told your bottom fish was a chain pickerel. Used to get them thru the ice with tip ups and minnows when I was a kid. The upper one is a great northern pike. Both bony as hell, but tasty. In the warmer months both would fall for a Daredevil spoon. US record for GNP was 45 lbs. taken out of Great Sacandaga Reservoir.

Thanks! It took plenty of tries to get my process and time down. I still tweak but Its basically 3 hours, light saucing, another .5 hour, healthy saucing, tinfoil wrap and let sit for 15 minutes. That's a homemade BBQ sauce that has a mustard, cider vinegar, brown sugar base.
I was drooling with the photos and with you all the way until I saw mustard. :vomit:

Hey

Hey Dave, nice going. when I lived in NJ we were told your bottom fish was a chain pickerel. Used to get them thru the ice with tip ups and minnows when I was a kid. The upper one is a great northern pike. Both bony as hell, but tasty. In the warmer months both would fall for a Daredevil spoon. US record for GNP was 45 lbs. taken out of Great Sacandaga Reservoir.
Yeah looks like a pickeral to
Me

It's ground mustard seed. It doesn't really taste like mustard. I'd consider it to be in the sweet/tangy Carolina genre.
OK I thought you might be one of those Lizard's Thicket fans. Biggest shock of my life ordering ribs there and getting them covered with mustard BBQ sauce.

Hey

Could be chain pickerel. I've never seen ever above 1 pound. So you may be right. I didn't think they get that big. The one I caught was 4 pounds.

Esox lucius -- one of my favorite fish

So...only 1/20 of replies on this discussion are relevant to the title.

But that one reply answered the question completely so the topic was covered in 2 posts. You were free to exercise your right to stop reading then. ;)

Let yourself enjoy a derailed thread once in a while. We are all people which entails a lot outside of our SU fandom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom