Verne Lundquist to retire from SEC on CBS after the year. Brad Nessler will be successor | Syracusefan.com

Verne Lundquist to retire from SEC on CBS after the year. Brad Nessler will be successor

The Verne and Vin Show. Coming to a coffee shop near you.

Honestly, it's about time for him to retire. More and more, he misses calls, names and just messes up announcing the game.

I agree and let's be honest, he doesn't exactly have a face that's made for HDTV - not that I do. He's had a great career though.

I agree and let's be honest, he doesn't exactly have a face that's made for HDTV - not that I do. He's had a great career though.

Agree, lol...Vern is a classic broadcaster though, maybe even more famous and popular in the golf world...was it "IN YOUR LIFE!?"...at the Masters, Jack's putt.

He also called out Laettner for intentionally stomping on the Kentucky player when the color commentator tried to pass it off.

Agree, lol...Vern is a classic broadcaster though, maybe even more famous and popular in the golf world...was it "IN YOUR LIFE!?"...at the Masters, Jack's putt.

Jack's putt was in the '86 Masters and the call was, "Yes, sir."

"In your life! ... ?" was for Tiger's putt in the '05 Masters.

Agree, deserves more respect than he is getting, the vin scully of college football:)

Can he take Danielson with him too. Another one of those mister know it all's. I wish CBS could have plucked Todd Blackledge to come back with Nessler. I really, really enjoy those two on ESPN.

Can he take Danielson with him too. Another one of those mister know it all's. I wish CBS could have plucked Todd Blackledge to come back with Nessler. I really, really enjoy those two on ESPN.

Not a big Danielson fan either. SEC homer and yes, a know it all. I am a big fan of Blackledge too. McDonough and Speilman are also an excellent team with Speilman getting surprisingly better year after year.

A true legend.
I think people are too generous with the word "legend." I do not think doing a job competently for a long time makes someone a legend. He has always done a fine job though, so congratulations to him on a nice career.