Very early | Syracusefan.com

Very early

B

BillSU

Friday morning. Kept thinking about yesterday’s results vs. Wisconsin and have the following thoughts going into Georgetown. I am still unsure of our team. It’s a young season. We played very well gelling as a team in the Bahamas but will we play Georgetown like we played in the tournament? Last night we were flat against Wisconsin a team Georgetown beat 71- 61. JB blamed himself on scheduling. I don't agree. We should be better than we were. They are coming off two cupcake wins vs. Bryant 77-47 and Maryland Eastern Shore 68-49. The rest of their schedule had them playing Duke and Maryland where they lost both but both were close games 86-64 and 75-71. Our old rivals are 3-3, we’re 6-1 playing at the Verizon Center and I have to think we had better play like we did in the Atlantis tournament hitting 3’s, FT’s , and rebounding well or we’ll be coming home again to face Colgate 6-2 and out of the top 25. Hope I’m wrong. Thoughts? The worrier. SU!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice font, Bill. A little worried too, here. Still think we are going to beat them with talent and emotion. There should be a loud SU contingent to feed the guys. A little lead early would help !

It should be a fun game. The only thing I do know is that the boys will come out ready to play on Saturday. I don't think we see a repeat of what happened on Wednesday as far as statistics go but I do think we need to focus on the defense. Can't give up second chance baskets against any team.

Hopkins: Plus or minus? I will say plus, with the added incentive that the guys will be playing for Boeheim. Also, I think Hop will play DaJuan more. He could hardly play him less!

I am visiting family in Boston and will record the game. Am hoping I can get home on Sunday and watch the DVR without knowing the score. I have cautioned several people not to text me. We shall see.

Go SU!!!

Friday morning. Kept thinking about yesterday’s results vs. Wisconsin and have the following thoughts going into Georgetown. I am still unsure of our team. It’s a young season. We played very well gelling as a team in the Bahamas but will we play Georgetown like we played in the tournament? Last night we were flat against Wisconsin a team Georgetown beat 71- 61. JB blamed himself on scheduling. I don't agree. We should be better than we were. They are coming off two cupcake wins vs. Bryant 77-47 and Maryland Eastern Shore 68-49. The rest of their schedule had them playing Duke and Maryland where they lost both but both were close games 86-64 and 75-71. Our old rivals are 3-3, we’re 6-1 playing at the Verizon Center and I have to think we had better play like we did in the Atlantis tournament hitting 3’s, FT’s , and rebounding well or we’ll be coming home again to face Colgate 6-2 and out of the top 25. Hope I’m wrong. Thoughts? The worrier. SU!

If they play like this did against Wisconsin then that would be confirmation we are in for a long season. If they play like they did against UConn or A&M then we are in for a pretty good season. There is no doubt in my mind that this team is going to have several games like Wisconsin this season. Even so, my hope that they are going to make the NCAA tournament is much better than it was 7 weeks ago before the season started. I never expected them to go undefeated. I think to many people are making broad stroke conclusion bases on one night's play. For example, "our team can't rebound" after TR had a bad game with foul trouble. Any other night and we will be a good rebounding team as long as TR has a decent game.

i expect us to play well but i think its a tossup game. id be very suprised if its more than a 1 or 2 possession game with 4 minutes left.

very important game. after saturday we should cruise until the dec 30 game against pitt, so with a win our non conference results will be great and will keep us ranked and way off the bubble picture into january.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom