Very excited | Syracusefan.com

Very excited

Mchandl8

Scout Team
Just here to say how excited I am by Fran Brown and his ridiculously good recruiting. Before we hired a coach I said to my father how I would rather get a great recruiter who is less proven as a coach than a great coach from a lower team… we did exactly that. I think we needed better players, Fran has shown to be even better at recruiting than I could’ve hoped for. Very excited for the future of Cuse football

I think it’s a combination of things we need to be successful- recruitment, player development, offensive/defensive identity, etc.

In short building a program. Not that Dino didn’t at all- he created a great overall program culture where players graduated and were by and large good role models- but I feel like the attention to detail was not there. You see this in the games with penalties, special team plays, and game prep for specific opponents to capitalize on their weaknesses and their strengths.

I love what I’m seeing with Fran’s recruitment style and think/hope we see that attention to detail in games. I think a good example to watch will be Marlowe. Good player and leader. But made some truly boneheaded penalties that were imo costly. I want to see Fran’s relentless attitude with recruitment carry over to all facets of the program. Hope springs eternal but I think we’ve got plenty of reasons to be optimistic this year.

While I mostly agree with you that Jimmy's vs Joe's will, in the end, lead to more success, there is something to be said about the results a quality HC can have during critical moments in a game. Like the last 2-3 minutes.

We clearly have a dude that can bring in the Jimmy's, that's step one. Now if it ends up he can coach...sky is the limit.

While I mostly agree with you that Jimmy's vs Joe's will, in the end, lead to more success, there is something to be said about the results a quality HC can have during critical moments in a game. Like the last 2-3 minutes.

We clearly have a dude that can bring in the Jimmy's, that's step one. Now if it ends up he can coach...sky is the limit.
That’s the point mostly… we need the players and even if a great recruiter is unsuccessful as a coach, the next guy comes in with much better talent

IMG_5464.gif

We’ve had coaches where I’ve made excuses for one area or another that they’ve not had success at. Seeing the transformation of our team and its fortunes in such a short period of time makes me think Fran Brown won’t be needing my excuses.

I have a friend who says I need a blowup doll that can just sit there and listen to my bloviating about Saint Fran.

We’ve had coaches where I’ve made excuses for one area or another that they’ve not had success at. Seeing the transformation of our team and its fortunes in such a short period of time makes me think Fran Brown won’t be needing my excuses.

I have a friend who says I need a blowup doll that can just sit there and listen to my bloviating about Saint Fran.
Does the doll have a name

If we’re going to be honest, Dino set the bar pretty low as to in-game decisions.

My point isn’t to dwell on that, but to say it’s almost inconceivable that Fran could be worse.

Does the doll have a name

She hot?

One can always learn to be a better coach. If HCFB stumbles in places, and most likely he will, let's hope he recognizes, learns, and gets better at it. I'm betting he will

I believe we have the coaching staff in place now to successfully recruit AND develop talent, whether they are blue chip high profile kids or overlooked diamonds with great measurables.

Now the next step is to see it on the field, but if we’re successful this fall then this thing is really going to explode.

Fran will screw up no doubt, every coach does. Let's hope he just continues to learn and improve and isn't a meathead coach that keeps doing something that doesn't work because that was what he was taught or read in the past.

Situations change and being able to adapt is what makes a good coach better. Listening to the coaching staff talk you can see they have a solid base and will adapt from that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom