Very nice words from Jay Wright | Syracusefan.com

Very nice words from Jay Wright

He's very classy to his opponent schools, always has been. And his threads are first class, too.

I was talking with the Villanova priest on Saturday morning in the hotel lobby before he boarded the bus to the Dome. He said he was very sad that this might be his last trip to Syracuse with the team. "I've been coming here with the team for about 20 years, and it's one of my favorite places to visit with the team. But I have to tell you... I think this is the first time in 20 years... that I have seen the sun shining in Syracuse!" (I had to agree with him. It was one of the sunniest January days I had ever seen in Syracuse).

He wants to stay in good graces for a job incase Hop fails. I see you Jay Wright!

They'll both be retired and living in Florida or California by the time Jimmy decides to step down.

i remember when one of our dudes was hurt and they were on a break away. He called a timeout before they could score. Worthy of my respect right there... that and he gets undergrads preggo... my hero.

Met Jay Wright at the Sheraton bar the night before a noon game. He walked over to a table of former Cuse players (older, much older dudes) and addressed them all by name and chatted everyone up. Great guy.

Total class act. (Other than the alleged student thing.)

The Sub-Standard reported that he also said that our zone was "nothing special"

I was talking with the Villanova priest on Saturday morning in the hotel lobby before he boarded the bus to the Dome. He said he was very sad that this might be his last trip to Syracuse with the team. "I've been coming here with the team for about 20 years, and it's one of my favorite places to visit with the team. But I have to tell you... I think this is the first time in 20 years... that I have seen the sun shining in Syracuse!" (I had to agree with him. It was one of the sunniest January days I had ever seen in Syracuse).

Was that for your yearly confession? ;)

"I've seen a lot of good zones here," Villanova coach Jay Wright said. "I don't think it was anything special, but I don't mean that in a negative way because I've seen so many good ones. We attacked them a little bit differently."

From the Philly Inquirer -

“When you come up here, they treat you like gold. They just like the Orange a lot better than you, that’s all. But they treat you great. It’s one of the special places in college basketball.”

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/supernova/Good-bye-to-Syracuse--maybe.html
He truly is one of the good guys in what is often a sleazy business.

It is going to be interesting to see what happens with OOC games in future years with Big East schools. Looks like we want to play St Johns, Nova and Gtown.

It also looks like St Johns and Nova definitely want to keep playing. Maybe we play those two once a year in rare OOC home and home series? Don't know what to going to happen with Georgetown. I keep getting the vibe from JTIII that he does not want the series to continue. But if the Johnnies and Nova keep playing us, it makes it hard to the Hoyas to explain why they won't play us.

I think a lot depends on what happens with the ACC basketball schedule and how many conference games are played each year. If there are say 18 ACC games, once you add in the ACC-Big Ten challenge and a preseason tournament, you don't have a lot of options, especially if SU wants to play in the NYC area at least twice a season. We are probably going to see less home games, and more interesting and challenging away games as a result of switching conferences. The tougher OOC schedule will also help our RPI, which will be weakened playing in the ACC. Especially if we have to play BC twice each season.

He truly is one of the good guys in what is often a sleazy business.

It is going to be interesting to see what happens with OOC games in future years with Big East schools. Looks like we want to play St Johns, Nova and Gtown.

It also looks like St Johns and Nova definitely want to keep playing. Maybe we play those two once a year in rare OOC home and home series? Don't know what to going to happen with Georgetown. I keep getting the vibe from JTIII that he does not want the series to continue. But if the Johnnies and Nova keep playing us, it makes it hard to the Hoyas to explain why they won't play us.

I think a lot depends on what happens with the ACC basketball schedule and how many conference games are played each year. If there are say 18 ACC games, once you add in the ACC-Big Ten challenge and a preseason tournament, you don't have a lot of options, especially if SU wants to play in the NYC area at least twice a season. We are probably going to see less home games, and more interesting and challenging away games as a result of switching conferences. The tougher OOC schedule will also help our RPI, which will be weakened playing in the ACC. Especially if we have to play BC twice each season.

You're right Tom. An interesting feather in Gtowns cap is when MD leaves the ACC. Presumably that puts more pressure on SU to give up a little more to continue playing in the MD/DC corridor where we have massive support. We kinda had the Hoyas by the juevos prior to the B10 coming in... Now they have a little more leverage and we are gonna want and need that game for recruiting purposes.

...But I have to tell you... I think this is the first time in 20 years... that I have seen the sun shining in Syracuse!" (I had to agree with him. It was one of the sunniest January days I had ever seen in Syracuse).

That's because the Cuse is ACC bound...maybe God really is an ACC fan.