Very simple for our tourney fate comrades.... | Syracusefan.com

Very simple for our tourney fate comrades....

I felt this way last year for the Pitt game. I was convinced we were out. Last year we had good neutral court non-conference victories and a win at Duke, this year we have even better wins at home (Duke, UVA, FSU) so it will be interesting. I think we beat Miami and lose to UNC personally.

Beat Miami and we are a a lock.

lose to Miami, I think the best we get is a play in game
The Orange do have their fate in their hands.
But not sure a win over Miami makes them a lock...finishing 19-14.
Maybe a 90% shot.
The 3 out of conference losses to former Big East foes were early in the season, but they are HORRENDOUS!
A huge stain on the record.

The hope is that the selection committee cuts them a little slack because those debacles happened before a hugely inexperienced team jelled.
Right now if the Orange are on they're capable of beating anyone.

Maybe a 90% shot.
The 3 out of conference losses to former Big East foes were early in the season, but they are HORRENDOUS!

The hope is that the selection committee cuts them a little slack because those debacles happened before a hugely inexperienced team jelled.

Last year after the ACC Tournament just about everyone on this board was either predicting doom for the SU team or praying for a miracle on Selection Sunday. But SOMEONE on this board was positive in that not only would SU make the field, but would get a very favorable seed, which they did. Okay, whoever that was, please confess.

Maybe a 90% shot.

uconn was a bad loss

but
g-town also beat oregon/creighton/butler/marq
stj beat butler/marq/s-hall

so while they may not have had good season they had the talent to beat multiple tourney teams on their good days

I have a very odd feeling that if we beat Miami, we beat UNC. I have nothing to back it up other than UNC has nothing to play for and teams in their first game playing a team who played the day before seemed to get ambushed more often than not in the BET.

Way too many moving parts to assess what would happen if we lost to Miami. The odds are certainly not NIL or close to it. What it really depends is where we are on the s-curve as of today. If we are the 5th last team in as of now in their view, it will be hard to be caught. If we are 2nd last team in, it will be easy to be caught.

If we beat Miami I have it as 95%. We have too many warts to 100% count on the committee making that judgment.

I have a very odd feeling that if we beat Miami, we beat UNC. I have nothing to back it up other than UNC has nothing to play for and teams in their first game playing a team who played the day before seemed to get ambushed more often than not in the BET.

I dunno, I think losing to Cuse would cost them a #1

uconn was a bad loss

but
g-town also beat oregon/creighton/butler/marq
stj beat butler/marq/s-hall

so while they may not have had good season they had the talent to beat multiple tourney teams on their good days

No matter who they beat they were all bad losses. That said we put up a very solid ACC record and have beat multiple top 50 teams.

Maybe, but its a pretty nebulous reason to absolutely kill yourself for 3 days straight. Hasn't Roy pretty well sand bagged this tournament in the past as well? I maybe thinking of somebody else on that though.

If we get by Miami, I really hope the same Unc team that played against Uva shows up.

very unlikely that unc is losing a 1 seed. the 4th 1 seed has 3 or 4 teams that could get it but as of now i made it easy gonzaga and oregon as 1 and 2 out west

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom