VHS game tapes available | Syracusefan.com

VHS game tapes available

SBU72

All Conference
I have alot of older games recorded on VHS. (Also some on DVD) My plan to watch them has really gone awry, so it's time to get rid of them. Anyone interested in them? I've transferred a few to dvd, like the 6OT game with good intentions to do that to most of the others but that plan fell through to.

I have alot of older games recorded on VHS. (Also some on DVD) My plan to watch them has really gone awry, so it's time to get rid of them. Anyone interested in them? I've transferred a few to dvd, like the 6OT game with good intentions to do that to most of the others but that plan fell through to.
Might I suggest digitizing to a format that you may be able to upload to a YouTube account? I know there would be a pretty high demand for that here.

Might I suggest digitizing to a format that you may be able to upload to a YouTube account? I know there would be a pretty high demand for that here.
I have now way to digitizing the tapes nor a desire to take the time or expense. It's either give the tapes away or toss them.

How many do you have? My wife would kill me if brought a ton of VHS tapes in to the house, but if it was a reasonable number, I may be interested.

I want them! I have a ton, but missing some good ones from the VCR years on and off during 1984-2010.

Have all the means to convert and post if I find the time

Last edited:
I recorded on VHS all of the nationally televised games from about 1989-1991. I'd pause the recording during the commercials and then record again once the game was back on.

My plan at the time was to have these great games to watch 50 years later when I was retired and had nothing else to do. I guess I didn't anticipate any technological changes during that time. I still have all of the VHS tapes but haven't watched them in the past 30 years.

Had a similar situation. Taped dozens of games on VHS back in the 80s / 90s, some classics. Practically wore out some of those tapes, watching the games over and over again.

About 15 years ago, I brought about 20 of them to a video service to have the tapes copied into digital format on CDs -- both to preserve them long-term in case something happened to the fragile VHS tapes, and also because VHS technology was going away by that point. Didn't expect that CDs would also be antiquated a short time later.

Was also miffed that the video copying service just copied them verbatim -- leaving in commercials. Some of the games ended up being 3 or 4 discs long.

I want them! I have a ton, but missing some good ones from the VCR years on and off during 1984-2010.

Have all the means to convert and post if I find the time
20plus and sufanplus (Dollar Dog too), I have approximately 50 VHS tapes, some with multiple games. All were just recorded off a cable feed with no attempt to stop / start for commercials. Strange thing, I don't think I have any where SU loses. I also have approximately 45 dvd recordings I might include but since they take less room, that's just a maybe. I'll split the shipping costs. Dollar Dog pm'd me but I haven't figured out how to do it. If guys are still interested, and can send me your adress, I'll work on getting them packaged.

I quit a few years ago when my DVD recorder conked out. They are now unavailable in the USA, at least the ones with an internal HDD.

I have about 10,000 sports games on DVD, including about 400 SU games. I wish I had the courage to just burn all the boxes, but I'm worried I'll have regrets. I'm sure I'll probably just give them a way at some point. I also did not envision a day and age where nearly every important sports moment was available after a 5 second Google search.

I recorded on VHS all of the nationally televised games from about 1989-1991. I'd pause the recording during the commercials and then record again once the game was back on.

My plan at the time was to have these great games to watch 50 years later when I was retired and had nothing else to do. I guess I didn't anticipate any technological changes during that time. I still have all of the VHS tapes but haven't watched them in the past 30 years.
That was my plan recording and keeping them except without the stop/start. I've been retired almost 10 years and haven't watched hardly any especially since you can find games on U-tube. I also have about 800 paperback books that I've intended to reread but thats hasn't happened so much either. Pages have yellowed so that with a cataract makes it hard to read plus kindle is cheap and easier to read and convenient to carry.

20plus and sufanplus (Dollar Dog too), I have approximately 50 VHS tapes, some with multiple games. All were just recorded off a cable feed with no attempt to stop / start for commercials. Strange thing, I don't think I have any where SU loses. I also have approximately 45 dvd recordings I might include but since they take less room, that's just a maybe. I'll split the shipping costs. Dollar Dog pm'd me but I haven't figured out how to do it. If guys are still interested, and can send me your adress, I'll work on getting them packaged.
As tempted as I am, I need to pass. I really don't have a good place to keep them all. I'll probably regret this.

O do you not live in Syracuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom