VICE: I helped D-1 NCAA athletes cheat in college | Syracusefan.com

VICE: I helped D-1 NCAA athletes cheat in college

I don't understand the outrage from McCants' statement. When I read it my first thought was "no s___". I'm not trying to discount all revenue-generating athletes as stupid, I've certainly met some very smart ones at Syracuse and USC. But it blows my mind that anyone reacts with shock and outrage when an athlete says they breezed through college.

It just speaks to the blind, idiotic loyalty people have for their alma mater and/or favorite team to think they are above the fray. My wife (well, soon to be in 1 week) went to UNC and showed me some facebook posts from friends who also went to the school. We couldn't help but laugh at the ridiculousness of them - calling McCants a sociopath who is just looking for his 15 more minutes of fame, then going on to talk about how great and ethical their school and Roy Williams is. Talk about burying your head in the sand.

The only thing that would shock me in college athletics is to learn that the NCAA did a full inspection, combing over every detail, of a FBS school's football and basketball programs and found no evidence of wrongdoing.

I don't understand the outrage from McCants' statement. When I read it my first thought was "no s___". I'm not trying to discount all revenue-generating athletes as stupid, I've certainly met some very smart ones at Syracuse and USC. But it blows my mind that anyone reacts with shock and outrage when an athlete says they breezed through college.

Lots of Institutional Complicity = the new LOIC, that's the outrage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom