Video of Ebenezer on his SU visit | Syracusefan.com

Video of Ebenezer on his SU visit

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
I'm not sure if this was posted before. It was within a post in this mornings articles.

It is 27 minutes long and very interesting.

Shaun William's, Ishaq's dad, an advisor to some of the NYC recruits talks about the guidelines that he provides the recruits to help them make their decisions.

It's a must watch.

Click

PS No animals or lizards were harmed in the making of this presentation

PPS I feel a whole lot more confident that EO will put on an SU cap at the Army All Star game

PPPS Love Laray's speed, hope he comes here with the NYC crew, the chemistry is already there and they are like brother's.

Shaun Williams is a big advocate of Syracuse. He is a big influence on alot of these downstate kids.

Shaun Williams is a big advocate of Syracuse. He is a big influence on alot of these downstate kids.

I was very surprised by what Williams said ... to be honest I was not a fan of his ... but I may have judged him a little too harshly. I do think he is a red light addict ... camera goes on and he likes to be on it. However I do think he cares about the kids and SU as a whole.

I'm not sure if this was posted before. It was within a post in this mornings articles.

It is 27 minutes long and very interesting.

Shaun William's, Ishaq's dad, an advisor to some of the NYC recruits talks about the guidelines that he provides the recruits to help them make their decisions.

It's a must watch.

Click

PS No animals or lizards were harmed in the making of this presentation

PPS I feel a whole lot more confident that EO will put on an SU cap at the Army All Star game

PPPS Love Laray's speed, hope he comes here with the NYC crew, the chemistry is already there and they are like brother's.

Good watch. A lot of pressure on Ebo to go to Syracuse.

Great video. Didn't think they even mentioned Clemson once. Lots of positive press for SU there.

FYI this video (Ebo visit) was actually filmed during his visit during the summer (July) so some of it including his school list is outdated to some extent.

I never felt animosity towards Mr. Williams. Ive always felt he was in SU's best interest. His son is his son. He was thinking of Ishaq's best interests. Which he did, have to respect that. I do think he enjoys being on the camera. lol... If Clemson is able to get a commit from Ebo, I will have to applaud them on their recruiting efforts because its gonna be hard convincing him to not play with his bro's. In my mind Clemson is no NFL feeder factory.

If Ishaq's bf can be believed, IW was coming here until the 4 AM visit by UND.

Which local blogger was it that rubbed Ishaq's dad the wrong way about 1 week before he was to decide? He replied to that blogger and the SU community in general. One of his comments that stood out above all others went something like this...

"SU Fans need to see the forest from the trees. Just because SU lost out on Ishaq's recruitment battle doesn't mean they aren't winning the NYC recruiting war." (he went on to slam the blogger in question)

It was a pseudo-cryptic way of saying that he (Mr. Williams) was going to work on SU's behalf in future recruiting battles for NYC talent.

Which local blogger was it that rubbed Ishaq's dad the wrong way about 1 week before he was to decide? He replied to that blogger and the SU community in general. One of his comments that stood out above all others went something like this...

"SU Fans need to see the forest from the trees. Just because SU lost out on Ishaq's recruitment battle doesn't mean they aren't winning the NYC recruiting war." (he went on to slam the blogger in question)

It was a pseudo-cryptic way of saying that he (Mr. Williams) was going to work on SU's behalf in future recruiting battles for NYC talent.
orange fizz

I think it was the fizz or nunes magician. One of the reason i hate the bloggers posting as journalists. Have to admire their passion though

I think it was the fizz or nunes magician. One of the reason i hate the bloggers posting as journalists. Have to admire their passion though

It was fizz. They have some good information occasionally but that whole situation was childish, petty and just plain idiotic. Being pseudo journalists, they need to have a higher standard than that.

As a fan, I have a hard time accepting the "good enough for you, not good enough for my son" thing. I think Mr. Williams does explain his reasoning fairly well with the whole recruiting radius. Obviously I'm biased and it was an incredibly difficult decision for them - it is freaking ND after all. I just felt like an Ishaq commit at the time would have been so good for the program.

Maybe we get Ebo and we can bury that hatchet once and for all, since Mr. Williams is clearly acting as a SU advocate.

As a fan, I have a hard time accepting the "good enough for you, not good enough for my son" thing. I think Mr. Williams does explain his reasoning fairly well with the whole recruiting radius. Obviously I'm biased and it was an incredibly difficult decision for them - it is freaking ND after all. I just felt like an Ishaq commit at the time would have been so good for the program.

At first I agreed with your sentiment. But the more I think about it, what I think he is trying to say is that schools generally recruit regionally (Except for Stanford and Notre Dame). In order to keep those regional relationships, they have to give the recruits that come from those respective regions the benefit of the doubt. All he is saying is that Notre Dame and Stanford, dont play by those rules. He understands that, Ishaq understands that. They both are aware Ishaqy can get recruited over with no repercussions to Notre Dame recruiting ties. He is conveying the same message.

He is basically saying to EO, if you go to Clemson, and you are neck and neck in a position battle with a south eastern recruit, that the south eastern recruit will get the benefit of the doubt. He is right.

I recall USCe losing a 5 or 4 star recruit to transfer this past winter. When a reporter asked Spurrier about it, he said something along the lines of I dont even know the kids name. This is South Carolina. We get 4 or 5 star recruits all the time. If he wasnt good enough to see the field, he wasnt important enough for me to know his name. The quote may not have been so brash, but that was the spirit of what he said.

Thats all that Mr Williams is trying to convey to these kids. Listen, I got no hard feelings against Mr Williams, if I have a kid, and he has a chance to play football at Notre Dame, and wants to, why would i try to persuade him not to?

FYI this video (Ebo visit) was actually filmed during his visit during the summer (July) so some of it including his school list is outdated to some extent.

Was it? The episode info mentions Hurricane Sandy, which obviously didn't occur over the summer. Parts of the video could have been from the summer, though.

It was fizz. They have some good information occasionally but that whole situation was childish, petty and just plain idiotic. Being pseudo journalists, they need to have a higher standard than that.

Maybe we get Ebo and we can bury that hatchet once and for all, since Mr. Williams is clearly acting as a SU advocate.
"Bah Humbug." Thats what we get from Ebenezer! Too easy? May be at this point it may be all we get without a pretty bow on it .:cool:

At first I agreed with your sentiment. But the more I think about it, what I think he is trying to say is that schools generally recruit regionally (Except for Stanford and Notre Dame). In order to keep those regional relationships, they have to give the recruits that come from those respective regions the benefit of the doubt. All he is saying is that Notre Dame and Stanford, dont play by those rules. He understands that, Ishaq understands that. They both are aware Ishaqy can get recruited over with no repercussions to Notre Dame recruiting ties. He is conveying the same message.

He is basically saying to EO, if you go to Clemson, and you are neck and neck in a position battle with a south eastern recruit, that the south eastern recruit will get the benefit of the doubt. He is right.

I recall USCe losing a 5 or 4 star recruit to transfer this past winter. When a reporter asked Spurrier about it, he said something along the lines of I dont even know the kids name. This is South Carolina. We get 4 or 5 star recruits all the time. If he wasnt good enough to see the field, he wasnt important enough for me to know his name. The quote may not have been so brash, but that was the spirit of what he said.

Thats all that Mr Williams is trying to convey to these kids. Listen, I got no hard feelings against Mr Williams, if I have a kid, and he has a chance to play football at Notre Dame, and wants to, why would i try to persuade him not to?

Well frankly more than just Stanford and ND recruit nationally ... UF, Bama, So Cal ... they can go anywhere they wish ... but for the most part he is right about the regional aspect of recruiting.

Was it? The episode info mentions Hurricane Sandy, which obviously didn't occur over the summer. Parts of the video could have been from the summer, though.

Yeah the episode was new so some of it was recent but all the footage of ebo at su was from summer.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom