View from Cheap Seats at Final Four | Syracusefan.com

View from Cheap Seats at Final Four

cuse522

2nd String
Has anyone ever gone to a Final Four in a football stadium and sat in the bad seats? How bad is the view? I'm contemplating whether or not it's worth spending $200-$250 on those tickets to barely be able to see the court.

This is what the view looks like on a website from 2011: http://www.mwcconnection.com/2011/4/3/2089028/final-four-butler-uconn-kentucky-vcu

cheap-seats.jpg

when youre sitting there its more about just being there, being part of the atmosphere of the final 4and sharing the experience with other cuse fans and hopefully celebrating together afterwards. if youre expecting to follow and get a good feel for the game and a good view youre 100x better off watching on tv.

I went to the 2010 Final Four in the cheap seats...you'll probably be watching the game on the video board. If its about just being there to you, go. If you'll be disappointed in a pretty bad view, you'll be better off watching on TV.

I went to the Final Four in Atlanta in 2007, and that year they put the court in an end zone like the Carrier Dome as opposed to the middle of the field like this year. Anyways, they sold tickets all the way around the top level and we were on the opposite end. It was horrible. You could tell who Oden and Hibbert were, but not someone like Jeff Green. Right now, I don't have a ticket, and I won't pay for one in the end zones upper deck this year. I'd rather just be down there and watch it in one of the bars around there. Saturday in the park is amazing though. Its just a great atmosphere and I'm willing to go down without a ticket and see what happens.

Has anyone ever gone to a Final Four in a football stadium and sat in the bad seats? How bad is the view? I'm contemplating whether or not it's worth spending $200-$250 on those tickets to barely be able to see the court.

This is what the view looks like on a website from 2011: http://www.mwcconnection.com/2011/4/3/2089028/final-four-butler-uconn-kentucky-vcu

View attachment 2961

I'll tell you what... I would much rather sit in that seat than in the corner on the 1st level...

Wow, they must not be able to see 70% of the court.

I went to the 1988 Sugar Bowl in the Super Dome... and was in practically the last row on about the 20 yard line. The field was in another zip code, but for a football game it surprisingly was not too bad.

View attachment 2961
I'm just squinting to see if that's an image. :)
Still, would be content anywhere in that Dome.

I went to the 1988 Sugar Bowl in the Super Dome... and was in practically the last row on about the 20 yard line. The field was in another zip code, but for a football game it surprisingly was not too bad.
I was there too. And you're right - for as awesomely MASSIVE as the Super Dome is (especially the first time you walk in), the view was not that bad.

I'll tell you what... I would much rather sit in that seat than in the corner on the 1st level...

Wow, they must not be able to see 70% of the court.
Maybe the picture makes it seem farther than it is. And I paid $500 for my lousy seats! IF we win, I wonder if we can somehow trade up?

I'm in the same boat as the OP. I didn't pull the trigger on Saturday night after we won and now the cheapo-seats are around $350 for all sessions.

I wonder if I'll have better luck getting down there on Saturday morning. How much do 100 level seats go for, face-wise?