Viewing in Maui | Syracusefan.com

Viewing in Maui

Niastri

Two Time Iggy Award Winner: Edwards for Three!
With only five hours to game time... I still don't have a place selected to watch the game tonight? Anybody have a suggestion of an SU bar our at least a well rounded sports bar to visit on Maui? I have two essential pieces of equipment: a car and a wife to act as dd. Please help, a google search hasn't turned much up.

With only five hours to game time... I still don't have a place selected to watch the game tonight? Anybody have a suggestion of an SU bar our at least a well rounded sports bar to visit on Maui? I have two essential pieces of equipment: a car and a wife to act as dd. Please help, a google search hasn't turned much up.

I don't have any advice except that you are in my favorite place in the world. If you have orange all-access, that would work. If you are staying at a hotel with a concierge, perhaps they can suggest or find a place for you. Where are you? Kaanapali? Wailea? Hana? Of course if you're in Hana you're SOL on sports bars but if you're in Hana, SU hoops should be the furthest thing from your mins.

Tonight? Isn't it more like this morning? No advice here unfortunately, but considering where you are in your inability to see the game, I don't feel too bad for you ;)

We are starting in kihei. I am betting they won't have SNY in our room. :) I am excited, my first time in hawaii. We just spent a few days on honolulu, so maui will be a big change of pace.

We are starting in kihei. I am betting they won't have SNY in our room. :) I am excited, my first time in hawaii. We just spent a few days on honolulu, so maui will be a big change of pace.

Huge change of pace between Honolulu and Maui. Like the difference between Miami Beach and...well, Maui. Maui is much more laid back but it has developed a lot over the 30 years I've been going there. Kihei is a laid back quiter place place but I think there is a mall nearby. That means there may also be places with bars with TV's. If you are in Kihei you may be in a condo, so a concierge is out. However, a phone book might be present with a corresponding list of bars that might call themselves sports bars. Just Googled and found this one...can't recommend it one way or the other:

Ocean's Beach Bar and Grill

1819 S Kihei Rd
Kihei, HI 96753
(808) 891-2414

Keep in mind that the other patrons may well be more interested in watching west coast football games in the bar :)

Thanks, Dick, for the info. Phones are a lot smarter than they used to be, but research still isn't convenient. At any rate its not going to matter, since the game isn't at seven like our board ticker indicates. I thought I would have time, but we are still in the airport.

Not sure about the rest of you, but watching on SNY at the moment I'm encountering technical difficulties with the broadcast and have missed several minutes of the game (it appears to have now just returned).

As for Maui, I spent half my honeymoon there eight years ago (with Oahu being the other half). I'm sure you've been given advice and/or have done your research, but I really enjoyed biking down Haleakala at sunrise (40 degree temp on top of sunburn notwithstanding), the road to Hana (despite my wife injuring herself while we were cliff jumping along the way), and snorkeling off of Molokini (where an encounter with a white tip shark got the adrenaline pumping).

South of Kehei is Wailea, the most upscale part of the Island with good facilities. They have a mall that if I remember has a bar, but check first. They also have a Ruth Chris steakhouse.