Ville this year without Pitino | Syracusefan.com

Ville this year without Pitino

cuseinseattle

All American
I'm not sure what everyone thinks about 'Ville this year but I was talking to a buddy of mine that doesn't follow college basketball very closely and said the thing about Pitino is that he is so good at preparing his team and getting them ready that it was a nightmare to face them. He then says well he is not the coach so even though they have good players what do you think it will do to their win/lose record. I hadn't really thought about it but wanted to get peoples opinions. I'm going to guess throughout the year it costs them 4 games.

I'm not sure what everyone thinks about 'Ville this year but I was talking to a buddy of mine that doesn't follow college basketball very closely and said the thing about Pitino is that he is so good at preparing his team and getting them ready that it was a nightmare to face them. He then says well he is not the coach so even though they have good players what do you think it will do to their win/lose record. I hadn't really thought about it but wanted to get peoples opinions. I'm going to guess throughout the year it costs them 4 games.
I agree, at least a few. I don't know their OOC schedule of the top of my head but I could even imagine them dropping an early game.

still lots of talent, but they're going to really miss him - and the results (w/l record) will bear that out

I agree, at least a few. I don't know their OOC schedule of the top of my head but I could even imagine them dropping an early game.
They play UK which is the most obvious game to drop. I believe they also have Indiana but could be wrong. I'm not saying they would lose to Indiana but UK I would think is very likely.

Not sure for this year overall but Pitino leaving absolutely has to be considered good for the Cuse matchup with them. I would imagine they'd try to play the same style but Pitino has obviously had the upper hand on JB for several years. Long-term the combined effect of losing Pitino and dealing with the fallout of the paying players scandal has to be pretty profound.

They also won’t have Brian Bowen and he was thought to have put them over the top.

Their OOC sked isn't super bad. They play at Purdue, Seton Hall, IU, Memphis, and at UK. Yes they still will have a very good team even without Bowen. Depends on how the players react to all the drama. I think they will want to prove themselves, and Padgett will get the best from them. Of course, Pitino's in-game strategy and motivation will be missed, and Padgett lacks experience, which should cost them some. Who knows if they will be able to play in NCAAT at end of year, depending on how fast inertia moves. Starting next year is when things could go significantly south more than likely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom