Virginia #1 in ACC Power Rankings | Syracusefan.com

Virginia #1 in ACC Power Rankings

Funny because he takes Syracuse and Duke winning close games as evidence that they are flawed, but he takes Pittsburger losing close games as, yes, also evidence they are flawed. I'm not going to get bent out of shape on this one though. It's a UVA blogger who is excited that they are winning games. Let them have fun, it's not like they are a year-in-year-out great program. They are having a good year and why not rank themselves first?

We're these guys fall off is flyspecking an unbeaten team's WINS and fretting over them more than other teams' LOSSES. Which is worse, barely beating NC State, or losing to Cal and Arizona Sate? Barely beating NC State, or losing at Notre Dame? Barely beating NC State, or losing against UConn?

Tix on Stubhub now range from $218 to $1652. Low end went up $25 from the last time I looked a few days ago.

Funny because he takes Syracuse and Duke winning close games as evidence that they are flawed, but he takes Pittsburger losing close games as, yes, also evidence they are flawed. I'm not going to get bent out of shape on this one though. It's a UVA blogger who is excited that they are winning games. Let them have fun, it's not like they are a year-in-year-out great program. They are having a good year and why not rank themselves first?

Agree with all of that - we would have somebody doing the same if the roles were reversed.

I would expect them in the coming years to track upwards. They don't have much for recruits next year (two 3-star players per ESPN), but I have great respect for Bennett as a coach. The danger for them might be in their own success this year - a solid finish for them (say, Elite 8 or Final Four) and Bennett will likely be in great demand, a la Brad Stevens.

If you think the ACC hates us now, just wait until Saturday.

Winning in Cameron has become a near-impossible task for ACC teams, and if they do, it's more than likely the biggest win of the year for that team. Nothing is better for an ACC team than winning at Cameron, it's circled on their calendar every year and most teams will say if they could win any ACC game each year, they'd pick @ Duke.

Imagine if we go in there our first time, undefeated, and win in Cameron. We're pretty much defying what every other ACC team thought was impossible. In our first season. Those damn Yankees!

Are we the best team in the country? Who knows, but Gasaway is a douche for the at comment. I guess Syracuse can't have a let down after playing a tough road game. We probably completely overlooked NC State from an intensity standpoint and NC State needed a resume win. NC State didn't play stall ball we just missed a lot of shots we normally hit. The regular season is pointless we need to get a resume to earn the 1 seed in the East region and take our chances to win 6 games.

Good! I hope we beat them by just one point to rub his snooty little nose in it. Gimme a break, you can play with the metrics all you want but at the end of the day 25-0 is better than 21-5.

Virginia (21-5, 12-1 ACC)
- Wins against current ranked NONE
- Best wins not ranked Pitt, UNC, SMU
- Home and Away games against FSU, Maryland, Notre Dame, VT(8, 9, 10, 14th in ACC)
- Currently unranked losses VCU, Green Bay, Tennessee
- Currently ranked losses Duke(5), Wisconsin(15)
- Margin of Victory 16.6 pts overall (15.3 pts in ACC)
- Margin of Loss 11 pts overall (3 pts ACC)
- OOC opponents averaged 14.2 wins and 10.6 losses
- ACC opponents averaged 14.4 wins and losses 10.5 losses
- Last 10 (9-1)

Syracuse (25-0, 12-0 ACC)
- Wins against current ranked Duke(5), Villanova(9)
- Best wins not ranked Pitt, UNC, Cal, Minn
- Home and Away games against Boston College, Duke, Miami, Pitt(15, 3, 13, 5th in ACC)
- Currently ranked losses NONE
- Currently unranked losses NONE
- Margin of Victory 11.8 pts overall (8.3 pts ACC)
- Margin of Loss 0 pts overall (0 pts ACC)
- OOC opponents averaged 12.2 wins and 11.8 losses
- ACC opponents averaged 14.5 wins and losses 10.4 losses

GFTakedown said:
Virginia (21-5, 12-1 ACC) - Wins against current ranked NONE - Best wins not ranked Pitt, UNC, SMU - Home and Away games against FSU, Maryland, Notre Dame, VT(8, 9, 10, 14th in ACC) - Currently unranked losses VCU, Green Bay, Tennessee - Currently ranked losses Duke(5), Wisconsin(15) - Margin of Victory 16.6 pts overall (15.3 pts in ACC) - Margin of Loss 11 pts overall (3 pts ACC) - OOC opponents averaged 14.2 wins and 10.6 losses - ACC opponents averaged 14.4 wins and losses 10.5 losses - Last 10 (9-1) Syracuse (25-0, 12-0 ACC) - Wins against current ranked Duke(5), Villanova(9) - Best wins not ranked Pitt, UNC, Cal, Minn - Home and Away games against Boston College, Duke, Miami, Pitt(15, 3, 13, 5th in ACC) - Currently ranked losses NONE - Currently unranked losses NONE - Margin of Victory 11.8 pts overall (8.3 pts ACC) - Margin of Loss 0 pts overall (0 pts ACC) - OOC opponents averaged 12.2 wins and 11.8 losses - ACC opponents averaged 14.5 wins and losses 10.4 losses

Well, that settles that for now.

How soon people forget that uva lost to uwgb, and got smoked by a bubble team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom