Virginia better get a 1 if michigan loses | Syracusefan.com

Virginia better get a 1 if michigan loses

longislandcuse said:
UVA is nasty. They made me a believer.

Not me. This team is miami 2013 all over again. Win the regular season and tournament. Wont get a 1 seed and their ceiling based on their system is a sweet 16 game.

Marsh01 said:
Not me. This team is miami 2013 all over again. Win the regular season and tournament. Wont get a 1 seed and their ceiling based on their system is a sweet 16 game.

Didn't Miami have a key injury in the tournament? They would have beat Marquette in s16 and played us in elite 8.

Harris, brogdon, Mitchell, perrentes or whatever, gill. They are for real, legit title contender. Not as offensively challenged as I thought.

They said there was 3 teams in the #1 discussion at noon.

So it had to be Michigan, Duke... and one of Louisville or Virginia. Possibly Wisconsin (but it did not fit into what he said re Eye Test)

Top 50 Records of:
Louisville 5-5
Virginia 5-4

I think one of Louisville/Virginia, gets it if Michigan Loses.

They were really impressive today. Incredibly disciplined and just athletic enough. They should be a very, very tough out.

Absolutely no chance Louisville gets a 1 now. Only chance was if UVA and Michigan both lost. It's down to michigan and Virginia.

That is a great comparison, both teams had early season hiccups that made people doubt them. Then both teams turned it on in conference. I would not be surprised to see Virginia fail to live up to the expectations they have given themselves.

I really like Tony Bennett as a coach. You can tell their grit and toughness comes down from him. They actually defend too, it's not that cheap clutch and grab then hope refs don't call it.

That is a great comparison, both teams had early season hiccups that made people doubt them. Then both teams turned it on in conference. I would not be surprised to see Virginia fail to live up to the expectations they have given themselves.
I was saying that until today. They made me a believer today.

I was saying that until today. They made me a believer today.
Today's game certainly has to change the perception of them a bit, it will be interesting to see how they are rewarded for today's win.

As a "team" I think a much better comparison is to the Butler teams that made runs to the NC games in back to back years. Great defensive teams that control both sides of the court well and have multiple options on offense. I have no doubt they are capable of a run to Dallas.

As a "team" I think a much better comparison is to the Butler teams that made runs to the NC games in back to back years. Great defensive teams that control both sides of the court well and have multiple options on offense. I have no doubt they are capable of a run to Dallas.
This team has better athletes than those Butler teams, though. Brogdon, Mitchell and Anderson would probably start on pretty much any team in the country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom