Virginia Dome Attendance Estimates | Syracusefan.com

Virginia Dome Attendance Estimates

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
georgia tech win: 30,000+
Georgia tech loss: ~28,000

Anyone have more educated guesses all things considered?

I think we are long way from 30K sold just based on whats available. more like 25K , can we get that much demand in a week?

Weather is another factor but the game is at 4:00 on the weekend, and many SU fans are quite adventurous on the weekends. I believe they regard it as a fun challenge.It’s also a good time for the students, who except for one game have basically not been there this year. I think 30,000 is a real stretch but it would be fantastic!

I personally don't think the GaTech outcome will influence attendance at all

Might get a little bump since it would be a 4 game winning streak but agree that it wouldn't be to a significant degree.

I think we are long way from 30K sold just based on whats available. more like 25K , can we get that much demand in a week?
For basketball yes i bet

UVA is very good this year but not a big enough traditional blue blood to get the once a year casuals to show. They are all going to the UNC game. My guess is 27.5K

UVA is very good this year but not a big enough traditional blue blood to get the once a year casuals to show. They are all going to the UNC game. My guess is 27.5K
Blue blood or not they are the best team in the acc and we need the game. Fans need to get to the dome

25k. the people ain't thrilled with this team. hope they give free tickets to the local schools to bring some noise..

Last edited:
I agree that a midweek win would give a ~2,000 bump on Saturday. That's based on history - we won't get the same walk-ups after a loss, especially when SU already has a lot of losses.

Beyond that, Virginia's got little appeal to casuals and didn't get 30,000 for a slightly earlier game on the same day last season, despite the fact that it was going to be Boeheim's true 1,000th win. Students have been totally MIA this season, but some (high) number of sales/distributed is baked into the attendance all year, regardless of whether or not they show. Might get 28,000 or a little lower if we win this week, 25-27 if not.

I know we both have games tonight, but stopping by to let the Cuse fans know to show up Saturday. We've got a couple of guys with the flu (Hall & Diakite) and Wilkins playing on an injured back. Also, DeAndre Hunter, probably our best or #2 all around player and best guy to stick in the middle of that zone, COULD still be out with an ankle injury. ESPECIALLY if Louisville gives us enough of a game tonight that guys under the weather have to gut it out and play major minutes. We haven't historically done really well going on the road with only a 1 or 2 day rest between games either. And if we have 4 of our top 7 sick/injured/nicked up, it's going to be even rougher.
If anybody out there is on the fence about going to this game, and you see us have to really fight Louisville tonight, DEFINITELY get tickets, because there's a better-than-most-will-think chance you could walk out with a BIG win.

Good luck to you guys tonight!

UVA has a legit shot at being the #1 team in the rankings next week. If that isn't enough to get people out there, I'm not sure what is.
A home team that plays the worst style of basketball in the modern era might have something to do with fan interest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom