Virginia spanking Iowa | Syracusefan.com

Virginia spanking Iowa

uva will always be hard to scare against as long as Bennett is the coach, no doubt... but even watching this game tonight in which they're toying with a (mediocre to bad) b1g team it's quite clear they're not as good as last year. I very much like our prospects when they visit the dome in Feb

uva will always be hard to scare against as long as Bennett is the coach, no doubt... but even watching this game tonight in which they're toying with a (mediocre to bad) b1g team it's quite clear they're not as good as last year. I very much like our prospects when they visit the dome in Feb
Watching it you wonder if Iowa is that bad or if Virginia is causing them to play so bad. I came to the same conclusion as you. Iowa has a lot of work to do to be as good as some of their recent teams. Virginia is always going to be a tough team, but so far I feel pretty good about our chances also.

I'd have to disagree... Our defense last year to start the season was chaotic and nowhere near the quality they have been playing thusfar this season. Offensively we lost Brogdon & Gill but on the other hand we have perhaps the best pure shooter we have ever had in Guy. Diakite needs to put on some bulk but he looks like a better defender than a 4th year Gill. We dont have the post presence we had last year with Gill and Tobey which is going to be our weakness unless Salt improves tremendously (doubtful), or if Reuter & Diakite together can handle defending good post teams (more likely but Reuter is short for an interior defender).

Overall though, this team looks far more impressive to me than last year's team, save for the fact that we could basically fall back on Brogdon last year anytime we needed points. This year every player other than Salt looks like a scoring threat but we need Shayok, Thompson, or Guy to develop into our go-to guy in a pinch and I'm not entirely sure that will happen this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom