Virginia team reminds me of our 25-0 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia team reminds me of our 25-0

20Plus

In someways not personel or style but being in a lot of close games executing and winning.

I remember the night of the BC game telling everybody that we could lose and Boston College was a decent team. I had watch Boston college by twice and I couldn't believe it they lost so many games. And then Boston College came in and beat us and we were 25 -1

I feel like recently that's what a Virginia Fans woukd think similiar except we have a better brand name and Boston College.

My point is if Boston College can come in on the road and beat an undefeated team there's no reason that we can't beat Virginia at home.

If our previous game against them is any indication, they're beatable. Specifically, we could beat them and it wouldn't be shocking. Everyone else might be shocked, but I don't think Virginia or Cuse fans would/should be.

I'll agree that I would not be surprised if Syracuse wins tomorrow. I had this game penciled in as a loss before the season. I feel more confident in a UVA win now than I did at the beginning of the season but still feel it's a toss-up.

I'll disagree that we play in a lot of close games. UVA is 7th in the country in scoring margin at 16.5 points per game.

Hopefully, we beat them and then they'll have a quick and serious downfall, so we can commiserate.

Virginia is 7th in the country in victory margin with 16.5 ppg.
Scoring Margin | DI Men's Basketball Statistics - NCAA.com

It's 12.6 in conference:
Virginia Cavaliers Basketball 2017-18 Schedule - Cavaliers Home and Away - ESPN

I agree that we might match up against them better than some teams and have at least as much of a chance to win that BC had back in '14.

When we were 25-0, we'd out-scored those 25 opponents by 295 points, or 11.8 per game. We'd out-scored 12 conference opponents by 98 points, or 8.2 per game. We were coming off Ennis' 40 footer at Pitt, (which turned a tie game into a 2 point win) and Christmas' steal that led to the winning fast break against NC State for a 1 point win. We then lost in OT to Boston College and the jacket game at Duke. It was quite a 10 days.

Last edited:
I'll agree that I would not be surprised if Syracuse wins tomorrow. I had this game penciled in as a loss before the season. I feel more confident in a UVA win now than I did at the beginning of the season but still feel it's a toss-up.

I'll disagree that we play in a lot of close games. UVA is 7th in the country in scoring margin at 16.5 points per game.

You’re good. Don’t worry.

Great to see we could be someone’s W.T. F. loss this year. But no sense in complaining anymore - it won’t change things. Let’s go out and win. I can’t imagine how dismal the rest of the winter can be if our bubble gets popped with a whole month left to write off.

Great to see we could be someone’s W.T. . loss this year. But no sense in complaining anymore - it won’t change things. Let’s go out and win. I can’t imagine how dismal the rest of the winter can be if our bubble gets popped with a whole month left to write off.

They're only a 5 point favorite so its not a big upset if they lose.

After Maui, that 25-0 team won close game after close game in the ACC - every game seemed to come down the last possession. It seemed like 2 months straight we wer just barely dodging our first loss.

Since UVA's 1st ACC game (a 1pt win over BC) - they've won 9 games; they've won 7 games by double digits. Their only 2 wins not by double digits? The 7pt loss to us, which frankly should have been a double digit win for them, and the 2pt win @Duke, the #4 team in the country.

We did have a better OOC than them IMO, but they're not exactly squeaking by teams like we were.

SU has consistently been able to drive the lane and force our bigs under the rim, leaving the SU bigs wide open for offensive rebounds.

They have like a 16 point differential, our team didn't have that

In someways not personel or style but being in a lot of close games executing and winning.

I remember the night of the BC game telling everybody that we could lose and Boston College was a decent team. I had watch Boston college by twice and I couldn't believe it they lost so many games. And then Boston College came in and beat us and we were 25 -1

I feel like recently that's what a Virginia Fans woukd think similiar except we have a better brand name and Boston College.

My point is if Boston College can come in on the road and beat an undefeated team there's no reason that we can't beat Virginia at home.
we lost that boston college game because they were playing in those dumb jerseys that did not fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom