Virginia | Syracusefan.com

Virginia

Cusefan0307

Red recruits the ACC!
Tony Bennett once again proves you can win games with four year players. 20-1 in the best Conference in the country with no top 50 recruits this year. Remember this when someone says nobody can compete without Duke next year and their top Freshman.

Last edited:
Tony Bennett once again proves you can win games with four year players. 20-1 in the best Conference in the country with no top 50 recruits this year. Remember this when someone says nobody can compete without Duke next year and their top Freshman.
they redshirt most of their players. if you can identify guys that are willing to sit and be a part of a system that tries to win by playing defense and watching the paint dry, than Virginia is the place for you. this might be their year, because the normal teams that would out-talent them aren't that good, but I think still they are susceptible to a hot shooting team in tournament play which has always been their downfall.

Who said that no one can compete with Duke next year?

kyle guy is a top 50 recruit and a burger boy btw

they redshirt most of their players. if you can identify guys that are willing to sit and be a part of a system that tries to win by playing defense and watching the paint dry, than Virginia is the place for you. this might be their year, because the normal teams that would out-talent them aren't that good, but I think still they are susceptible to a hot shooting team in tournament play which has always been their downfall.

I see a similar fate for this team as the others. They don't have a killer on the team that can just dominate if they need someone to put the team on their back.

I did an ACC bracket and would've come in first if UNC won. I'm irritated.

Checked our efficiency numbers combined with our pace lately? That’s paint drying.

But, I agree that a hot shooting team with athletic guards could give them big problems much like Florida did. The matchups will be huge in these draws.

This year they had Zero.
Well, if you believe that ESPN, Rivals, Scout-24/7 are competent at evaluating school boy basketball talent, then sure. However, keep an eye on Frankie Badocchi next year (for the moment, 6'7", 185 lbs.). He redshirted this year after undergoing successful surgery last summer. Also, he didn't play AAU ball the summer after his junior year. The various services didn't get to really evaluate him. Bennett has described him as a "hidden gem". Bennett has rarely described unproven recruits with that sort of praise. While it is true that the Virginia fan base has a tendency to over hype players who have yet to play a game, we are all a bit excited about Badocchi's prospects.

He plays the perfect amount of people the perfect amount of minutes. UNC plays too many.

Yeah, but UNC’s best players are MORE WELL RESTED!

Don’t you read some of the posts on here?

It’s ALL about rest. Any team that’s not a title contender should consider skipping post season play so their guys get an extra week or two to REST UP before next season and so their fans can feel good about their little hissyfits that their favorite team didn’t perform up to par and is too good for “meaningless” postseason play.

He plays the perfect amount of people the perfect amount of minutes. UNC plays too many.
UNC played all their starters at least 30 minutes against us.
Syracuse vs. North Carolina - Box Score - March 7, 2018 - ESPN

UNC played all their starters at least 30 minutes against Miami on Wednesday.
North Carolina vs. Miami - Box Score - March 8, 2018 - ESPN

UNC played all their starters at least 28 minutes against Duke.
North Carolina vs. Duke - Box Score - March 9, 2018 - ESPN

UNC played 4 of their starters at least 32 MPG on their 4 game in 4 days. Cam Johnson only played 23.
North Carolina vs. Virginia - Box Score - March 10, 2018 - ESPN

Fake news Roy play too many. He rode his starters this tournament. Virginia was better. Virginia played Jack Salt a minute less than Cam Johnson and the other 4 starters for each team played the same.