Virginia... | Syracusefan.com

Virginia...

bpo57

Living Legend
In no way trying to diminish SU's win yesterday because it was impressive for several reasons. The team showed a lot of heart and it's def something to build upon. But I won't be surprised if UVa is playing a play-in game in Dayton (or in the NIT) in two months. They are a hideously bad offensive team that will probably have a dozen losses come selection time.

in a vacuum they struggle,. but when you look at bball as a whole, there is a lot of avg ball being played this yr.

everyone in the polls seems to have 3-4 losses already from around 8th on down they will probably still win 8-9 more and that makes them about 20-10.. if they dont and have 12 losses then they will be a .500 team in league and on the bubble with 10 other ACC teams

in a vacuum they struggle,. but when you look at bball as a whole, there is a lot of avg ball being played this yr.

everyone in the polls seems to have 3-4 losses already from around 8th on down they will probably still win 8-9 more and that makes them about 20-10.. if they dont and have 12 losses then they will be a .500 team in league and on the bubble with 10 other ACC teams

I see a lot of Ls left on that schedule. I'd probably take the OVER on 12 losses.

In no way trying to diminish SU's win yesterday because it was impressive for several reasons. The team showed a lot of heart and it's def something to build upon. But I won't be surprised if UVa is playing a play-in game in Dayton (or in the NIT) in two months. They are a hideously bad offensive team that will probably have a dozen losses come selection time.
I don't think so. Defense travels. And it does diminish what the Orange did yesterday. I will take a bet that they aren't in a play in game or the NIT. And yes, Virginia is a horrible shooting team. But have you seen the rest of the ACC? I am wondering if this league, this year, is the worst league we have ever played in. It's what is keeping us afloat.

Last edited:
Virginia struggled to score when they had a lottery pick in Hunter, first round pick Jerome, double digit scorer Guy, and quality big Salt.
They don’t recruit like a top 5 team. They have to reload.
They aren’t good this year. They will on defense.

I don't think so. Defense travels. And it does diminish what the Orange did yesterday. I will take a bet that they aren't in a play in game or the NIT. And yes, Virginia is a horrible shooting team. But have you seen the rest of the ACC? I am wondering if this league, this year, is the worst league we have ever played in. It's what is keeping us afloat.

I get your point about the ACC and extend that to college hoops in general.

I'm not gonna bet on whether UVa will make the NCAA tournament because then I'm at the mercy of the NCAA Selection Committee that routinely screws the mid-major in favor of an undeserving double digit loss Power 5 Team. Seen that movie too many times.

I will bet you $50 and take the OVER on 12 UVa losses. If the # is 12 then we push. The record will include the ACC tournament.

I’d obviously take Diakite or Huff on our team, but their perimeter players are not good. Just looking at the two teams I think we are more talented overall.

I doubt JB would ever admit this, but if we started the season with Joe over Jalen we probably beat them in the dome as well.

I get your point about the ACC and extend that to college hoops in general.

I'm not gonna bet on whether UVa will make the NCAA tournament because then I'm at the mercy of the NCAA Selection Committee that routinely screws the mid-major in favor of an undeserving double digit loss Power 5 Team. Seen that movie too many times.

I will bet you $50 and take the OVER on 12 UVa losses. If the # is 12 then we push. The record will include the ACC tournament.
Wow... 12 is a lot. Get in this dasher youre a gambling man!

I’d obviously take Diakite or Huff on our team, but their perimeter players are not good. Just looking at the two teams I think we are more talented overall.

I doubt JB would ever admit this, but if we started the season with Joe over Jalen we probably beat them in the dome as well.

Agreed. Also, if u want a good chuckle then go back and watch JB's presser after the UVa loss in November. Sounds as tho JB is torn between comparing UVa to either the 1984 Hoyas or the 1990 Runnin Rebels.

Wow... 12 is a lot. Get in this dasher youre a gambling man!
I'm with you at 4 current loses and a WEAK ACC under 12 is easy money. 15 games to go 8 wins is a push assuming they don't win the ACC tourney.

Last edited:
I'm with you at 4 current loses and a WEAK ACC over 12 is easy money. 15 games to go 8 wins is a push assuming they don't win the ACC tourney.

I think u mean UNDER 12 is easy money because you're saying they will lose less than 12 games. I'm saying they'll lose more than 12 games. It's OVER/UNDER 12 losses.

I think u mean UNDER 12 is easy money because you're saying they will lose less than 12 games. I'm saying they'll lose more than 12 games. It's OVER/UNDER 12 losses.
correct

I’m with BPO on this. That schedule is incredibly difficult. Harder than ours. They have two road games this week they will be underdogs in. There’s no way I can see them beat FSU Tuesday at FSU.

Not sure I would go as far as the play in game, but I could see them being unranked in a month.

Entering yesterday's game Virginia had the best KenPom adjusted defensive efficiency (83.4) since 2003. Not the best Virginia rating ever, the best of any NCAA team since 2003. (After yesterday they fell to #2 as they were caught by West Virginia). So it is arguably as good as a defence they ever had.

But there offensive efficiency is #230 this year. (There is only ONE P5+BEast team that has a worst ranking and that is Boston College). So #73 out of 74.

Essentially the best defence and the worst offence. That is a formula for a .500 team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom