Vitale begging for Kentucky is pathetic | Syracusefan.com

Vitale begging for Kentucky is pathetic

djcon57

Living Legend
Like THEY deserve help to just get in.

Pathetic.

He never used to be a Calapari fan until Calapari donated 5 mil to his charity. Ever since then he's his biggest fan ... Imagine that?

Vitale always whines about the teams who get their bubble burst. Of course, he's the only one who doesn't realize you can't have 80 teams in there

So how does Kentucky handle their scholarships for next year? Are their Frosh and Sophs good enough to declare? If enough guys don't leave, will they just be dropped from the program?

Crying and pleading for Kentucky is truly pathetic. But I seriously couldn't care less if they are selected. In fact, I wouldn't mind the opportunity to face them and embarrass them in the tourney.

My prediction is that the committee is SALIVATING to get UK into a play-in game. Imagine if they won the play-in game and there first round opponent... 5th seeded North Carolina. Someone at CBS is begging for this to happen.

The only way they get in would be because of the name on their jerseys, The SEC this year might be the weakest power 6 conference ever

My prediction is that the committee is SALIVATING to get UK into a play-in game. Imagine if they won the play-in game and there first round opponent... 5th seeded North Carolina. Someone at CBS is begging for this to happen.

I will be SHOCKED if UK is not taken to go to Dayton. Since NCAA sports is about money now and Lexington to Dayton is about the same as Cuse to Buffalo, I would suspect they want those play in games filled.

Kentucky will be playing the second game on 319/20 in Dayton.

Bookmarket

Awful. No way they get in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From a fairness point of view, I agree that they don't deserve it. From a reality point of view, I'd call it 50/50.

The only way they get in would be because of the name on their jerseys, The SEC this year might be the weakest power 6 conference ever

The PAC 10/12 of recent vintage (2009-12) would indicate otherwise.

When you talk about bubble teams, it's like finding the tallest midget. There are so many problems with each, and it seems to become an exercise in which flaws you find most egregious, or which positives you give more weight to. Is it better to take a team that has proven it can beat top competition on their best day (e.g. MD over Duke twice, UVA over Duke, UK over Florida), a team that has a gaudy record but little if any good wins (MTSU), teams that challenged themselves OOC but lost most of them (Tennessee), the hot team at the end (Ole Miss), etc...?

Unless there's a defined criteria, it's just chaos when you reach the margin.

So how does Kentucky handle their scholarships for next year? Are their Frosh and Sophs good enough to declare? If enough guys don't leave, will they just be dropped from the program?
Been wondering this myself. I think there will be a couple of wildcat players that go pro even though they don't want to. He doesn't have enough ships for all the players that are committed.

ESPN should have him do A-10 games so he can see there is basketball played outside of the blue bloods.

Been wondering this myself. I think there will be a couple of wildcat players that go pro even though they don't want to. He doesn't have enough ships for all the players that are committed.

If everyone came back, including Noel, they'd have 14 scholarships, or one over the limit.

Wiltjer and Harrow should return. The other freshman are likely gone. If any stays, I'd put my money on Cauley Stein using next year to bulk up. Goodwin and Poythress are bad apples from a team perspective and basically auditioned for the NBA all year, albeit not very well.

If everyone came back, including Noel, they'd have 14 scholarships, or one over the limit.

Wiltjer and Harrow should return. The other freshman are likely gone. If any stays, I'd put my money on Cauley Stein using next year to bulk up. Goodwin and Poythress are bad apples from a team perspective and basically auditioned for the NBA all year, albeit not very well.
Speaking of bad apples trying to audition for the NBA, as much as I absolutely LOATHE Kentucky, this year's version just goes to show how freaking lucky they were last year to not only have such a talented freshman class, but an incredibly team oriented and unselfish freshman class. You don't see a lot from these young diva type recruits. And that's about the only positive thing I'll ever say about UK.

In a rare turn of events, it's actually a Dick doing the sucking.

bravo.gif

north carolina 5 seed? a 6 i could see if they win tommorrow

north carolina 5 seed? a 6 i could see if they win tommorrow

i think kentucky has an outside chance if they do get in it will be one of last 3

i think kentucky has an outside chance if they do get in it will be one of last 3

It's going to come down to the following: Tenn, Ole Miss and UK for one spot. Obviously, if Ole Miss wins tomorrow and it's moot. But the SEC will get 3 teams.