Vivian Stringer retires from Rutgers | Syracusefan.com

Vivian Stringer retires from Rutgers

Watch out for possible transfers from Rutgers to add to our team!
Like Chyna Cornwall or Sakima Walker; they have been well coached!

Last edited:
Watch out for possible transfers from Rutgers to add to our team!
Like Chyna Cornwall or Sakima Walker; they have been well coached!
May 1st is the deadline for entry in the portal.

Hope she told her players earlier than today. Not a very good look if she just left her players less than a day to decide.
There ought to be a 2-4 week opening if the coach leaves

Last edited:
Coach Stringer had an amazing career when life wasn't very kind to her in her personal life at times. Her husband died of a heart attack at 47 when she was at Iowa and one of her daughters contracted spinal meningitiis when she was 2 years old and has been severely disabled since then.

Coach Sharkey is following C Sakima Walker on Twitter. I believe that the NCAA rule use to be that players could transfer without sitting out a year if their HC left. I think that still applies, I need to check.

Coach Stringer had an amazing career when life wasn't very kind to her in her personal life at times. Her husband died of a heart attack at 47 when she was at Iowa and one of her daughters contracted spinal meningitiis when she was 2 years old and has been severely disabled since then.
I didn’t realize that she’s been on a Covid leave since April 2021 and didn’t coach this past year. Her own susceptibility plus the danger to her disabled daughter if they contracted Covid really brought her coaching career to an end. Sad but what a great career- one of the initial pioneers in college women’s basketball.

Hope she told her players earlier than today. Not a very good look if she just left her players less than a day to decide.
14.5.5.2.10.1 Exceptions to Notification of Transfer Dates -- Fall and Winter Sports. A studentathlete who participates in a fall or winter sport has until July 1 to provide written notification of transfer if either of the following occurs between May 1 and July 1 of the same academic year: (Adopted: 4/28/21 applicable to transfer student-athletes seeking eligibility during the 2021-22 academic year)
(a) The student-athlete's athletics aid is reduced, canceled or not renewed (except as permitted per Bylaws 15.3.4.2 or 15.3.5.1); or
(b) The head coach of the student-athlete's team departs or announces departure from the institution. 14.5.5.2

And for what it's worth she and Sharkey are following each other on Twitter.
And Rutgers was terrible last year 11-20.
Yet whoever coached the team 7 of the top 8 were seniors, and the 8th was a junior.
Obviously a bad team and coach. Can see why someone would want out of a situation like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom