Vonleh to IU. Who's next for us? | Syracusefan.com

Vonleh to IU. Who's next for us?

Zelda Zonk

2022 Iggy Winner: ACC Tourney Record
I'm not devastated. Gbinije gives us the same size/position, no?

No, vonleh is a 6'9" power forward whos strictly a post player. Mike G is a 6'7 combo sg/sf who looks to have a decent handle. IU went all in w Vonleh, but I think we will be just fine without him ;)

No, vonleh is a 6'9" power forward whos strictly a post player. Mike G is a 6'7 combo sg/sf who looks to have a decent handle. IU went all in w Vonleh, but I think we will be just fine without him ;)

Oops. You're right. I misread the article, which began by speaking about a 6'6" recruit also going to IU...

Yeah, a 6'9" scorer would have been nice, but we do have Grant, and probably for more years than Vonleh will be in college. And, McCullough coming in... yeah, I'm definitely okay with Vonleh going to IU, and not to a school we're likely to ever meet.

I'm definitely okay with Vonleh going to IU, and not to a school we're likely to ever meet.
beginning next year, SU could be participating in the ACC/B1G Ten Challenge, so it is a little more likely than before

[quote="beginning next year, SU could be participating in the ACC/B1G Ten Challenge, so it is a little more likely than before"[/quote]

That is an interesting thought. Wonder if the ACC will give SU the respect to represent the league against one of the premier B1G teams.

Well, I disagree with the assessment that Vonleh is purely a post player, but agree that he and Silent G are not at all comparable.

Well, I disagree with the assessment that Vonleh is purely a post player, but agree that he and Silent G are not at all comparable.

your right, maybe not purely a post player...but ya, you got my point

IU's really back in full force. Currently #1 in the polls, and Scout & Gibbons had IU's recruiting class for next year already ranked #2 prior to Vonleh's commitment.

[quote="beginning next year, SU could be participating in the ACC/B1G Ten Challenge, so it is a little more likely than before"

That is an interesting thought. Wonder if the ACC will give SU the respect to represent the league against one of the premier B1G teams.[/quote]

Considering that ESPN wants good match-ups, and Syracuse is a good TV draw, I feel pretty confident Syracuse will get good draws. Well, good for the Big 10 is relative...but we won't be playing at Northwestern.

Vonleh is a world class player. There is no real comparison.

Understood, that Vonleh is going to be 'impactful.' My point (when i thought they were at the same position) was that i wasn't so upset because we already have a nice player at that spot. And, even now, realizing he's 6'9" — we have Chris and Grant. No worries.

Understood, that Vonleh is going to be 'impactful.' My point (when i thought they were at the same position) was that i wasn't so upset because we already have a nice player at that spot. And, even now, realizing he's 6'9" — we have Chris and Grant. No worries.
I nlike both our guys very much but I would have cut off one of your arms for Vonleh.

If we get Wiggins instead it was for the better. Wiggins is basically the Canadian Lebron, hopefully Leo and others are working their magic over there.