W T F ESPN? | Syracusefan.com

W T F ESPN?

DNABB5

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Leading Frosh Scorer
Replay?

Man, I watched it on my sisters little 32" screen (firstworldproblem) and was looking forward to streaming the replay here back home on my 55". Plus, my pennance for game watching was to also watch a 4month and 2.5 year old. I read 10 thomas the train books inbetween plays. (that take a lot of talent BTW)

So I get back and find out that there is no watch replay option available.

Sh!tonastick

Replay?

Man, I watched it on my sisters little 32" screen (firstworldproblem) and was looking forward to streaming the replay here back home on my 55". Plus, my pennance for game watching was to also watch a 4month and 2.5 year old. I read 10 thomas the train books inbetween plays. (that take a lot of talent BTW)

So I get back and find out that there is no watch replay option available.

Sh!tonastick

9 PM tonight on ESPNU -- Texas Bowl replay

Oh snap...

This means that AT&T has finally figured out I am only an internet and not a cable subscriber, thus I cannot see the replays.

So...

Anyone got an extra login I can borrow?

My fault, I missed this earlier. You get hooked up?

Woulda been nice to have the post game not be on espn3. Couldn't watch that either.

Weird.

I can watch it if I use the link upperdeck provided, but I cannot get to that option without the link on watchespn by myself. Plus, it is rolling along fine in high quality until the middle of the 2nd qtr and then I get an error.

Dammit, ESPN, just let me pay you $30 a month and give me all you got.

Stupid dino cable companies. Have fun going tango universe in a few more years.

Not so easy.
I suspect that ESPN's current carrier agreements include exclusivity clauses.

It's also a common problem when manufacturers, or content providers, start competing directly with their distributors.

"So, you want to compete with us? Fine.
First, we'll move all of your channels to various tiers. We have plenty of people that are currently paying for sports that they don't watch. ..."

The other thing that you'll be impacted by are Internet service provider data caps. If you want to stream ESPN 24x7 you'll be paying a lot more than $30.

Weird.

I can watch it if I use the link upperdeck provided, but I cannot get to that option without the link on watchespn by myself. Plus, it is rolling along fine in high quality until the middle of the 2nd qtr and then I get an error.

Stupid dino cable companies. Have fun going tango universe in a few more years.
It's probably because it's the espn3 link and not the watchespn link. I have the same issue. I can watch games through espn3, but my provider is not signed up on watchespn. espn3 uses the watchespn url when it loads a game.