Waiters admits he thought of leaving Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

Waiters admits he thought of leaving Syracuse

“It’s not about me this year,” he said. “Last year, I put myself before the team. I was selfish.”

Thats all I needed to here. Thank you Dion. :D

Good to hear. It may still be hard for him not to be a starter but there is a huge role for him.

Very encouraging article. Sounds like there is leadership all around.

Very encouraging article. Sounds like there is leadership all around.

IMHO, the backcourt dysfunction / not being on the same page was one of the biggest things that sunk last year's team. We've got a lot of talent in the backcourt this year--and college hoops is guard driven--so if those guys can be difference makers, this team has the potential to be special.

If the Scoops / Triches / Waiters don't bring it...

Well, let's hope he keeps that attitude when staring at adversity in the face at some point this season. He likely won't start any games barring any injuries, so let's hope he really is in it for the team, and not himself. He will have plenty of time to show his new self this year.

IMHO, the backcourt dysfunction / not being on the same page was one of the biggest things that sunk last year's team. We've got a lot of talent in the backcourt this year--and college hoops is guard driven--so if those guys can be difference makers, this team has the potential to be special.

If the Scoops / Triches / Waiters don't bring it...

Dead on. There were alot of personal preferences in that rotation that really hurt us. Half the time, the backcourt never seemed to mesh. Hopefully this year will be different with a team-first approach based on finding the open man, regardless of who it is.

Team psychology is even more important than skills, IMO. Dion was a bit of a rotten apple in our basketball barrel. I heard he even got into a fight with Triche last year. (Maybe that's common knowledge on this board.) If he can mature and accept his role, we will have much to be thankful for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom