Waiters likely on his way to Memphis (or possibly OKC) | Syracusefan.com

Waiters likely on his way to Memphis (or possibly OKC)

jncuse

I brought the Cocaine to the White House
The Heat acquired Iguodala earlier today, and will likely add Gallinari as well in a 3 way with OKC/Memphis. They have to give up $39 million in salary to make it work, which all but guarantees that Waiters and James Johnson will be in the deal as filler.

Seems that Waiters would end up in Memphis to make it all work.

From the outside looking in- Dion started out so well in Miami- was a very key cog, got a big contract. Then injury and then he went over the edge (many times). Love his talent and hope he can recapture what he was starting to show.

call me crazy but i like justise winslow

That is a very justifiable opinion. I do as well. Haven't followed him but he seemed to start off really well in Miami.

Shame Memphis has a fun team. Dion doesn’t look in very good shape last I saw.

He wasn't a good fit in Miami. He defends well but offensively limited they tried him at point and it's wasn't a good fit there either. Then he hurt his back took some time off, then after cleared by team doctors he played one game and said his back was still sore. That was a bit of drama there where he felt Miami nudged him back prematurely. Winslow and team were a bit at odds since, kind of like Leonard and San Antonio. It's probably a good move for both sides. As for James Johnson and Dion Waiters the Heat can't wait to get rid of them, Johnson reported out of condition to training camp, Dion suspended three times.

How long until the Lakers call

How long until the Lakers call

It will not be before they get through the many players above him on their list and see if they want to come first.

I suspect he will get a chance with one of the playoff teams, but I doubt it will be the Lakers who could have their pick of the litter in this buyout market.

Teams will take chances on players without issues first. But he still has value, so some non-elite playoff team who has to settle for left-overs, will give him a shot I think.

Last edited:
Didn’t Waiters play with LeBron in Cleveland? I don’t think LeBron is a fan.

For like half a season. Dion played a big role with a really good OKC team that easily couldve won a championship since that time. At his best, he’s better than Collison as well as several other guards already on the team.

I think he severely damaged his stock with his antics earlier this year though so I can’t blame any team for avoiding him. Hope someone gives him a shot and it pays off though.

For like half a season. Dion played a big role with a really good OKC team that easily couldve won a championship since that time. At his best, he’s better than Collison as well as several other guards already on the team.

I think he severely damaged his stock with his antics earlier this year though so I can’t blame any team for avoiding him. Hope someone gives him a shot and it pays off though.
Durant and Dion are close so he does have some friends in the league...