Waiters shows up to dinner | Syracusefan.com

Waiters shows up to dinner

25571327.jpg

Why do I get the feeling that Albanycuse is running out to the store to get taco supplies right now just in case.

Dion's a good kid.

Hope he has a great NBA career, because I have a feeling he's going to be a great representative for the University and our basketball program.

The growth in those 3 Philly kids says a lot about them, their upbringing, and JB and his staff. Scoop is still my favorite, but that story just moved Dion up the ladder.

The growth in those 3 Philly kids says a lot about them, their upbringing, and JB and his staff. Scoop is still my favorite, but that story just moved Dion up the ladder.

Good post. I have to admit, seeing reports about Dion's "bad attitude" around the time of the draft made me shake my head, given that he'd just spent a year displaying a tremendous attitude, not griping about coming off of the bench, being a good teammate, and being tremendously complimentary of both the coaching staff and his teammates at every possible opportunity.

I'm not pretending that his freshman year didn't happen, but IMO actions speak louder than words--and the way Dion conducted himself this past year should have answered all questions about his attitude and character. His willingness to come off the bench and share the ball more were huge factors that can't be overlooked in our tremendous season last year.

I think Dion's troubles are behind him. This kid is on a rocketship to the moon. I really think he and Kyrie together can put Cleveland right back where they were during the Lebron era. A team that everyone wants to watch and a factor in the Eastern Conference.

Damn I am gonna miss Dion.

Wow that's a cool story...do you think the Mackeys have any Taco fixins left over because I have a hankering.

http://blog.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/2012/08/dion_waiters_makes_a_clay_fami.html

Great, because if there is one thing an out of shape player needs, it's tacos...Cool that he's doing this though.
I had the privilege of sitting with Dion at a Boys and Girls Club fund raiser dinner at the start of last season. He was great with the Boys Club kid that sat at our table, patiently answering his questions (he had a lot of them), tactfully preventing him from trying to bid on going to a practice and being a coach for a day (JB caught him doing this, misunderstood it to mean that Dion wanted to coach for a day and dogged him. "No Dion, I know you think you can coach but you do too much of it already").

He answered our questions with a good nature, playfully engaged in some trash talk with a couple of Giant fans (he is a HUGE Eagles fan) and was a delight to spend a dinner with. Good kid who I think has matured a lot and really wants to do the right thing. I wish him much success in Cleveland.