Waiters | Syracusefan.com

Waiters

SoBeCuse

Living Legend
Anyone see him play last night? He looked awful. He's a bum. 4 fouls, 1-7 FG. The guy never cheers for his teammates when he's on the bench also.

Yeah. I watched. He's inconsistent. He's not a good enough shooter for the role he plays in the NBA. He's, best with the ball in his hands, and when you're the third best perimeter player on your team, that isn't going to happen much.

When I've seen him this season he's played pretty well.:noidea:

Yeah last night was bad. And made worse when he missed 2 3's in 20 seconds, the Cleveland crowd got on him. Sad. I was hoping to see him play like in the first few games.

Sad. Loved Dion (and his bravado) in college, was thrilled when he got a chance to team up with LeBron last year. but, man, whatta stinker of a performance last night.

This from the Oklahoma City daily rag: "Dion Waiters was abysmal. The game turned on two possessions, I thought. The Thunder led 78-72 late third quarter. Jared Cunningham committed a turnover, the Thunder came down and Dion Waiters launched two 3-point shots within eight seconds of each other. Ibaka rebounded the first miss, but Waiters, undeterred, launched another, and when the Thunder didn’t get back on defense, Richard Jefferson got an easy dunk. Suddenly, it was 78-74 and anybody’s ballgame."

And this from the Cleveland Plain Dealer: Help from old friend – The Cavaliers drafted Dion Waiters fourth overall in the 2012 NBA Draft. They passed on Damian Lillard, Harrison Barnes and Andre Drummond, among others. The goal was to form a nucleus, which centered on a devastating backcourt led by Irving and Waiters.But that never materialized.
Waiters, always erratic and known for his awful shot selection and ball-stopping ways, didn't do much to help the Cavaliers during his brief stay and was sent away in the transformative three-way deal with the Thunder, Knicks and Cavs that brought J.R. Smith and Iman Shumpert to Cleveland. It took a few years, but Waiters finally helped the Cavs -- only this time it happened while he was on the other side of the court.

Waiters scored four points on 1-of-7 from the field, including 0-of-3 from three-point range. He also missed a pair of free throws and committed four fouls in 21 ghastly minutes. The offense lost its rhythm with him in the game and he was yanked early in the fourth quarter for Russell Westbrook. Head coach Billy Donovan even used Kyle Singler as part of the five-man unit to close the game. Waiters finished with the worst single game plus minus of anyone on Thursday night, -11. It wasn't exactly what he was hoping for in his second game back in Cleveland.

516b49554e465a305666414142547447

Yeah last night was bad. And made worse when he missed 2 3's in 20 seconds, the Cleveland crowd got on him. Sad. I was hoping to see him play like in the first few games.
Those two missed 3's in less than 10 seconds were tough to watch, even for a Cavs fan.

Meh. You play 400 games a season like the NBA does, you're going to have some stinkers.

Sad. Loved Dion (and his bravado) in college, was thrilled when he got a chance to team up with LeBron last year. but, man, whatta stinker of a performance last night.

This from the Oklahoma City daily rag: "Dion Waiters was abysmal. The game turned on two possessions, I thought. The Thunder led 78-72 late third quarter. Jared Cunningham committed a turnover, the Thunder came down and Dion Waiters launched two 3-point shots within eight seconds of each other. Ibaka rebounded the first miss, but Waiters, undeterred, launched another, and when the Thunder didn’t get back on defense, Richard Jefferson got an easy dunk. Suddenly, it was 78-74 and anybody’s ballgame."

And this from the Cleveland Plain Dealer: Help from old friend – The Cavaliers drafted Dion Waiters fourth overall in the 2012 NBA Draft. They passed on Damian Lillard, Harrison Barnes and Andre Drummond, among others. The goal was to form a nucleus, which centered on a devastating backcourt led by Irving and Waiters.But that never materialized.
Waiters, always erratic and known for his awful shot selection and ball-stopping ways, didn't do much to help the Cavaliers during his brief stay and was sent away in the transformative three-way deal with the Thunder, Knicks and Cavs that brought J.R. Smith and Iman Shumpert to Cleveland. It took a few years, but Waiters finally helped the Cavs -- only this time it happened while he was on the other side of the court.

Waiters scored four points on 1-of-7 from the field, including 0-of-3 from three-point range. He also missed a pair of free throws and committed four fouls in 21 ghastly minutes. The offense lost its rhythm with him in the game and he was yanked early in the fourth quarter for Russell Westbrook. Head coach Billy Donovan even used Kyle Singler as part of the five-man unit to close the game. Waiters finished with the worst single game plus minus of anyone on Thursday night, -11. It wasn't exactly what he was hoping for in his second game back in Cleveland.

516b49554e465a305666414142547447
Eh, his personality doesn't help him, but he's a bit of a scapegoat. "Finally helped the Cavs," huh?

As an everything Cleveland fan...I was watching. I certainly didn't take any solace in Waiters' two significant missed back to back corner J's...his performance was indeed abysmal. That was a weird game though, Cavs down 11 midway thru the second, then go on an 18-0 run to go up 6 late in the 2nd Q, only to have OKC to go on a 7-0 run to end the second and take a halftime lead. Cavs went down double digits again in the 3rd before another big run...it was a game of runs and stretches where both teams played lousy. Unfortunately for Waiters, his donuts game late in the game and appeared to really stand out a bit more. Good win for the Cavs though considering they were down 3 guards in Irving, Williams and Shumpert.

He's been better this year. I guess he had a really bad game but just a week or so ago an OKC paper wrote an article about the new and improved Dion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom