Wake Forest Blog Breaks down ACC PGs by advanced stats: Gillon is good | Syracusefan.com

Wake Forest Blog Breaks down ACC PGs by advanced stats: Gillon is good

jdubs30

Living Legend
ACC Point Guard Breakdown (Part 1)

A Statistical Breakdown of ACC Point Guards (Part II)

A Statistical Breakdown of ACC Point Guards (Part III)

In case you don't want to read every article, the 3rd article is a high level where it states Gillon is #2 on the "Protect the Ball/Command The Game" list, behind only Perrantes:

One of the biggest surprises in my research was the play of John Gillon. He is second in the ACC in assist rate, leads the ACC in steal rate (53rd nationally), and somehow has only a 17 TORate to go along with all of that. There is a decent case from a statistics standpoint for putting him at the top of this list, but Perrantes can go get the ball on rebounds. This has more to do with my belief that Perrantes is stuck in his offense (PACISM), but Gillon has a legitimate claim to the top of this list.

Sonetimes, the numbers deceive. He's fattened up on the cupcakes, but save for the Miami game, he's been pretty awful against decent competition.

Yep, it's even more pronounced with Howard. Before Miami game: FH had 2.8 APG in our losses, 8.3 APG in our wins against cupcakes.

I'm with you guys - but Dennis Smith is his #1 and Bryant Crawford is up there - those guys haven't exactly played the toughest schedules in America

These stat breakdowns are pretty useless until we get about halfway through conference play, and then only use league game stats.