Wake Forest fires Danny Manning | Syracusefan.com

Wake Forest fires Danny Manning

Great player. Lousy coach. SMH over Wake extending him.

1552946919362.gif

We’re trading coaches, Red for Danny. We can’t announce until we lose, however, so that will be some time next January. ;)

He actually did a good job coaching the KU big men when he was there for anyone interested in a big man coach.

Gotta be better than our alleged big man coach

Reactions: cto
That’s a tough job.

I actually think it’s a good job. Obviously incredibly unique for a P5 conference, and I think uniqueness is something that can appeal to a certain kind of coach and player.

Not surprised, did nothing in the shadows of the "Big Boys" down the interstate...Im sure that big backer/alum (can't think of his company) with court side seats next to the Wake bench will find them a fine new coach

If I were Wake Forest I want to turn it around.
I go to Davidson coach Bob McKillop and say you are 68 come finish your career the 4 years here and then retire.
Moving from Charlotte area to Winston-Salem wouldn’t be that hard for him.
Double his salary from Davidson and have him turn the program around and then hire someone to replace him with stability.

Wonder how this leaves Brandon Childress, their leading scorer, who will be a senior, and his father Randolph who was an assistant under Manning? I watched both of them in the last 2 games televised and their frustration was apparent. Wonder if they had any say, if they are upset or happy and what this might mean regarding Brandon’s senior year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom