Wake had 105 yds yesterday | Syracusefan.com

Wake had 105 yds yesterday

upperdeck

Living Legend
what the heck did Clemson do to them? Why only 14 passes all game?

Wow, just seeing the box score. Their QB - Newman - passed for 41 yards. His season average is about 292.

They've lost three of their last four.

Beating Wake doesn't seem all that unlikely on this sunny morning.

I wonder if this year's Clemson is like last year's where they just seemed to keep ramping things up as the year went on. It would especially make sense that on defense they would be better as the season progressed considering all of the dominant pieces they replaced.

I'm not going tomread this as Wake being rioe for the picking. I think it's more that Clemson is a completely different animal than anyone else in the conference.

UL game is becoming a much bigger deal now. WF is looking very doable and if we can beat UL I'll be way more enthusiastic going into next year.
If we make a bowl I don't even care what the hell the bowl is or if it's on a Wednesday night.

UL game is becoming a much bigger deal now. WF is looking very doable and if we can beat UL I'll be way more enthusiastic going into next year.
If we make a bowl I don't even care what the hell the bowl is or if it's on a Wednesday night.
Exactly. A bowl game and practices is huge for next year and recruiting purposes

I don't know if I'd go as far as "very doable" quite yet. We played better and they got killed, but let's not take too much from the result of playing Clemson. It certainly helps that they've been bitten by the injury bug. I'm glad we're getting them at the end of the season because earlier this year they beat a bunch of teams that beat us and killed NC State.

Clemson beat Boston College 59-7 the week before we played BC.

Wakes offense was strange. Every time the QB took a snap he would sidestep and act like he was trying to think what he would do next, with the ball. Then it would just blow up. Not sure if it was planned because of Clemson, but it was strange.

ul going to be high scoring
yep, they're going to get quite a few chunk plays on cuse ala BC and Maryland. its up to the offense to keep up.

yep, they're going to get quite a few chunk plays on cuse ala BC and Maryland. its up to the offense to keep up.
Yeah, I was encouraged by the defense by what I heard on the radio and what people described on here afterword but we need to keep in mind that Duke's oline was extremely young before they lost their center, so we don't know exactly how different our defense is yet. We'll find out more on Saturday.

I also think our offense was made to look a bit better by what the defense did with creating all of those turnovers. Before we got those the offense had stagnated after the initial two scores. We proabably can't get away with that this week.

Yeah, I was encouraged by the defense by what I heard on the radio and what people described on here afterword but we need to keep in mind that Duke's oline was extremely young before they lost their center, so we don't know exactly how different our defense is yet. We'll find out more on Saturday.

I also think our offense was made to look a bit better by what the defense did with creating all of those turnovers. Before we got those the offense had stagnated after the initial two scores. We proabably can't get away with that this week.

I don’t disagree with any of this - but I do think the wind played a huge roll in keeping our offense from really pushing like we would in the dome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom