Wake hires Danny Manning | Syracusefan.com

Wake hires Danny Manning

Should be a good hire for them. Given their academic standards being hire having a guy like manning will help with recruiting. Most current recruits won't know him but once they hear " played in the nba..." that is a big plus.

I know most Syracuse fans probably don't have much experience with Wake Forest. I think Danny Manning will be good at Wake. He was a great player at Kansas. And this to me is a hysterical photo.

Bkvagh_CQAArxs8.jpg

As a player I remember him as a nice guy.

It would be interesting to learn more about the circumstances surrounding this:

"He was hired by Tulsa in 2012 and led the Golden Hurricane to a 17-16 mark and an appearance in the CBI that season despite having the program's top two players, Jordan Clarkson and Eric McClellan, transfer.
Tulsa finished 21-13 this season and tied for first in Conference USA with a 13-3 mark. The Golden Hurricane lost to UCLA in the second round of the NCAA tournament."

I always got a chuckle out of Larry Brown/Kansas' hiring of Ed Manning as an assistant coach, shortly before Danny committed to Kansas. Seems the former NBA journeyman, who had been driving a truck for several years, suddenly morphed into an assistant at one of the premier programs in the country. And then one of the most highly sought-after recruits in the country suddenly comes on board as well. But I guess you can't blame the son for that.

Anyway, good luck to him, I always liked the guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom