Wake is 5-1 | Syracusefan.com

Wake is 5-1

Fjoinkay

Starter
with wins over a competitive Indiana Hoosiers team (yes, they are competitive this season) and Duke. Their only loss was against NC State on the road, and yesterday NC State beat Notre Dame. And of course the weather was a factor yesterday during the Notre Dame game and then again later during the game where SU lost to Wake in Winston-Salem. Without the wind SU would have thrown the ball much more, and I think that would have put a lot more pressure on Wake to score points. But Wake deserves a lot of credit for the W and for having a strong start to their season.

I am pleasantly surprised that the vast majority of this board is being patient with this new coaching staff (except for during games and immediately after Ls, which is totally understandable) because it takes time to bake the cake especially when you coach a team in a P5 conference for a private school situated in a part of the country where there is a small pool of talent to recruit. I happen to enjoy watching coaches and players work their way through this process, so I'm not too bothered especially at this stage because my expectations are low and the production on offense (except for last night) has been fascinating to watch. Going forward it seems pretty clear that the defense will be the big question mark, but right now it just seems way too early in the process for me personally to raise a lot of questions I have about that side of the ball- maybe after game 6, year 2 if they are still struggling. Also, the defense continues to have some success especially around the goal line. I just hope the SU players stay focused this season and continue to work hard. Go Cuse!!

Last edited:
i think the board is mostly reasonable except for the thought process on the gameplan especially in half 2 last night when the rain and wind had lessoned

Yeah, I expected an adjustment as the weather changed, but at the same time, according to coach Babers, this team is early in the process and they have struggled so far to adjust the way this staff envisions them adjusting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom