Want to see Fredericks | Syracusefan.com

Want to see Fredericks

I agree strength is a definitely a major issue with the other backs. Fredericks has those strong hips and legs that I like to see on an ACC running back. Last night running back stats were Moe Neil 12 for 40 He stayed on the field most of the game. Strickland who also spent most on the game on the the tuff 8 for 20. Fredericks who spent minimal time on the field had 3 carries for 33 yards. Moe Neil had 3 dropped passes and at one point they took the ball straight out of his hands. Now is there something wrong with this pic? I understand what Babers wants but what he needs is another thing. Babers seems like he's not willing to even give Fredericks a fair shake even though he proved himself last year. This is not the MAC! Now as far as the fastest show on turf we are not so, what's the next plan? I like Coach Babers but believe that he charmed the fans with empty promises that he cannot fulfill. I heard him say in the interview that his players were in position and Lamar was too good. Well I saw alot of our guys looking lost out there. I think the blame will ultimately land on the players which is sad. They will say their not good enough. This idea to out score people with no D is crazy!!! The next two games will be very telling
Good luck to coach Babers and the Orange

What offense?? Its fast for a few plays then slows down. Fredericks is in better shape than last year. Not discounting the other backs but just put him in the rotation. What have we to lose.

I love fredericks, but there arent any holes between the tackles for anyone! The oline has slimmed down to play the pace but may have given up some push in exchange.

Woodchuck said:
In addition to Fredericks, I think Josh Parris and Cornelius should see the field.

We don't throw to the TE much and AC might if rumors about injuries are true. But I'm not sure you'd swap Amba or Ish out for AC.

I agree but there weren't to many holes last year also. The thing is you have to run between the tackles. What good is speed when your getting pushed all over the place. Yes more Parrish and Cornelius.

What offense?? Its fast for a few plays then slows down. Fredericks is in better shape than last year. Not discounting the other backs but just put him in the rotation. What have we to lose.
you speak as if it is the design of the offense to go fast for a few plays and then slow down. That might be a backward looking description, but it is not what Dino and company are building toward. The vision for the offense is fast paced with little substitution, which requires superior conditioning. If the offense substitutes, the pace slows down as the ref will stand over the ball and allow the defense time to substitute. The offense is trying to disorient defenses with pace and fatigue, which will lead to mistakes. The coaching staff completely changed the strength and conditioning program in pursuit of this goal.

I have no inside information and cannot definitively say that the issue with Fredericks is his lungs (though, like OttoinGrotto, I suspect that may be the case). However, if the goal of the offense is to run off many plays in a row at a very fast pace, having a RB sucking wind and unable to recover after 4 or 5 consecutive plays, that RB would turn from an asset to a liability very, very quickly. Since the goal is to not have to substitute, it is a major consideration for playing time.

I keep hearing about a fast paced offense that they had worked on all summer with no real results. The line can't even keep up after one drive. Poor dungey gets happy feet back with suppose to be fast paced.

I keep hearing about a fast paced offense that they had worked on all summer with no real results. The line can't even keep up after one drive. Poor dungey gets happy feet back with suppose to be fast paced.
Huh?

It is simple we need to protect Dungey. Our oline seems to have trouble at the quick pace as well which causes Dungey to flee.

You are a troll man. Hating on Babers after 2 games. I hope you don't have the same lofty expectations for everything in life, because you will be sadly disappointed. Relax and enjoy the ride.

No one is hating on anyone. We will not win if they don't get it together. If we didn't have ETTA what would our score look like? He will NOT be here next year. We don't have a running game, look at all of our running backs stats. I understand being patient but we need to be able to get out of the back field to keep the defense honest. We barely pass the line of scrimmage. I even get its a new regime with a new scheme but football is the same you have to move the chains to win. It seems like we are looking for the big plays instead of grinding it out. Hell Louisville ran fast plays against us and their backs are 235. At this point fans have been hearing about rebuilding for so long they are tired. You can't blame them.

It seems like we are looking for the big plays instead of grinding it out.

We needed big plays we were down 21 points in 5 minutes.

Surely he has built up the stamina by now to last until the first faking of an injury by the defense?
But seriously, which player was the shoe guy? He should be publicly shamed.

Surely he has built up the stamina by now to last until the first faking of an injury by the defense?
I agree. He can't be any worse than anyone else.

I see our RB has a lot of responsibility for communicating to the rest of the offense. Is it possible he struggles with that? Seems it's gotta be that or not being in good enough shape? Hard to figure anything else...he's our best overall runner from what I saw last year from him and this year from others.

I love fredericks, but there arent any holes between the tackles for anyone! The oline has slimmed down to play the pace but may have given up some push in exchange.

He's a more powerful straight ahead runner though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom