Wanted: | Syracusefan.com

Wanted:

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
Swingman. A 6'5"-6'6" athletic true 3 who can take someone off the dribble, slash and make and shoot over an oncoming opposing center. So limited by a stretch 4 like Southerland, who can't handle the ball. CJ is a great piece at the 4 and rebounds well from there, but a true, athletic 3 is one thing this team needs.

A swingman who's a true 3? :confused:

Actually I think you're looking for BJ Johnson. But that's next year.

I'd settle for a shooting guard who's careful with the ball and consistently gives us 12 or 13 points while shooting better than 40%.

Though it was startling to watch a few recent games and have the thought "We miss Kris Joseph" cross my mind.

How about a center who can consistently make point blank shots and can control the paint on D?

Someone who can make an outside shot.

Hell, I'll take someone who can make ANY shot. It's not just from the outside. I can recall MANY missed opportunities down low as well.

I'd settle for a shooting guard who's careful with the ball and consistently gives us 12 or 13 points while shooting better than 40%.

Though it was startling to watch a few recent games and have the thought "We miss Kris Joseph" cross my mind.

Ugh...I know what you mean. Joseph was maddening at times, but at least he could shoot at a reasonable clip from outside.

Ugh...I know what you mean. Joseph was maddening at times, but at least he could shoot at a reasonable clip from outside.

And he got reasonably consistent with that ability to hit a 15-footer while drawing the foul.

Swingman. A 6'5"-6'6" athletic true 3 who can take someone off the dribble, slash and make and shoot over an oncoming opposing center. So limited by a stretch 4 like Southerland, who can't handle the ball. CJ is a great piece at the 4 and rebounds well from there, but a true, athletic 3 is one thing this team needs.

Hopefully either Silent G, Patterson or BJ will be that guy next year.

This team needs a Rick Jackson/Daryl Watkins like Center who is somebody who will do the dirty work on defense or be able to score with his back to the basket, and it needs a Demetrius Nichols/Wes Johnson small forward who can shoot the ball and isn't a gunner on the court. We are flawed this year, but let's just hope we get lucky and go on a run.

This team needs a Rick Jackson/Daryl Watkins like Center who is somebody who will do the dirty work on defense or be able to score with his back to the basket, and it needs a Demetrius Nichols/Wes Johnson small forward who can shoot the ball and isn't a gunner on the court. We are flawed this year, but let's just hope we get lucky and go on a run.

A Rick Jackson / Darryl Watkins type center? What's that? It's like "swingman who's a true 3".

I knew when Kris graduated that he would be missed more than most people wanted to admit. I just didn't realize he would be missed THIS much.

Not only does this team miss a 3 than can shoot and slash to the rim, but it would be nice if we could have guards that could do the same. Having two 35+ minute per game guards that can't shoot kills this team. If they could slash and score inside consistently, it could make up for the shooting woes.

This team needs 3 1/2 new players. The 1/2 is for Grant who is on the cusp and could go either way.