Wardwell | Syracusefan.com

Wardwell

cuseguy

Living Legend
from inside lacrosse story:

netminder Bobby Wardwell, whom many thought could win the starting job in his first year, is very close to potentially seeing time on the field, adding that simply having him observe some of the games thus far is a benefit to the young player’s situation.

Coaches are very selfish, though. If he can help the team, my guess is Desko burns it.

Coaches are very selfish, though. If he can help the team, my guess is Desko burns it.

Lol. Desko should put the kids needs above the team? I'm confused

easy redshirt. he ain't saving this season. too many other big holes in the dike for one dam thumb

netminder Bobby Wardwell, whom many thought could win the starting job in his first year, is very close to potentially seeing time on the field, adding that simply having him observe some of the games thus far is a benefit to the young player’s situation.

If the kids is healthy and can do the job better, play him.

Interesting that you bring this up as I was just talking with someone close to the Shen LAX program yesterday and he was saying how they should have had their backup play some minutes last year so he could gain some experience for this season. Instead he said Wardwell played everything last year and they have to start someone in goal this year with absolutely no varsity experience.

Its time for Bobby, there is nothing to lose and having a stopper can win us games! a few more saves last week we would have won against Duke, although they shot very well. We had our own chances to win and Wiggy was lucky when he saved Palaseks shot when it bounced off his facemask!

Unless Bobby can win face-offs and/or become a presence on man-up situations, save the redshirt. I feel that if he wasn't ready in February he can't be that much more prepared in early April. Only if he has become an absolute wall in practice AND has a Galloway-like ability to find the open man after a save in an unsettled clear situation leading to a fast-break transition, it just won't matter at this point. As tbonezone posted above, just too many holes. Furthermore it could be seen by the team as a desperation move and sour some attitudes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom