Was at the Dome tonight (3 Things) | Syracusefan.com

Was at the Dome tonight (3 Things)

CuseHulk

Starter
1. I will keep saying, lower the price of beer, 6.25 really?

2. 15 dollar parking for the Manley Parking and shuttle ? You kidding me (Luckily I'm smart and I park across at the apartments and walkover and take the shuttle that way) Usually, I just park off Euclid somewhere and walk. But that wasn't the case tonight.

3. Why is Gerry McNamara's number not retired, also John Wallace ? Was seated right under the retired numbers.

3. Why is Gerry McNamara's number not retired, also John Wallace ? Was seated right under the retired numbers.

SU doesn't retire numbers, they just hang jerseys.

And there are a boat load of people on the list ahead of GMac and Wallace.

Moten was supposed to be honored last year, but his schedule wouldn't allow it. Louie and Bouie should also be higher up on the list. And that Boeheim kid.

2. 15 dollar parking for the Manley Parking and shuttle ? You kidding me (Luckily I'm smart and I park across at the apartments and walkover and take the shuttle that way) Usually, I just park off Euclid somewhere and walk. But that wasn't the case tonight.

3. Why is Gerry McNamara's number not retired, also John Wallace ? Was seated right under the retired numbers.[/QUOT

$6.25 for a 16oz beer really isn't that bad. I always feel like beers are free at the dome.

You need to get out more. Neither the beer nor the parking are out of line compared to other arenas - especially when the parking includes the shuttle.

Too much obviously for that piss called beer but, like others have mentioned, many arenas are worse. Try MSG man. Crazy. I went to the game at Cincinnati like three years ago and it was $6 THEN.

Beer snobs. I personally most of the time don't prefer the bitter beer face, but to each their own. I feel blue collar "pisswater" beers are about as American as you can get. Commie heathens!

I would be one of those snobs but I have to admit that it is getting crazy in the craft beer world. Too many bizarre styles now and combinations of ingredients. Too many avant garde brewers. I love hoppy stuff but some of these triple IPAs, barrel aged whatevers, or barley wines are too much. I don't want to have to take 30 or 45 minutes to put one of those monsters down.

These prices seem very reasonable, but I don't live in Central N.Y...
Also,

If you have more than three of the #1s, don't do the #2.

These prices seem very reasonable, but I don't live in Central N.Y...
Also,

If you have more than three of the #1s, don't do the #2.

I'm liking the 2nd part and kind of agree with the first, but also agree cost of living in CNY is likely a bit different than where we live. I think beer at a nuggets game costs slightly more if any, and may be a larger cup.

It's one of the downsides of being in a closed market/captive audience. If anyone here went to Woodstock 99 or anything similar, you might be able to relate to his feelings a bit. That said, I dont know the CNY economy enough to speak on it. When I moved, things were a bit downtrodden in my neck of the woods. I remember my pal dubbing me "The Working Man" after the Rush song. I'd like to invent some pouches or something for getting a couple of drinks worth inside and venue, and then use in tandem with that thing you urinate in that travels to another pouch. That would take care of the problem with #1, but of course not with #2.

I can go to Applebees after the game which I normally do. And get 2.50 beers, and on occasion mixed drink (usually a long island for $4) I end up getting 2 beers for the dome and the game. I go out after to drink (to save money, and get a nice BUZZ !!!)

Just saying.

Ooh and I never do Paid 15 dollar parking (Just had a situation Friday night where I had to park over there to meet people before) and i still parked at the apartments and walked over and took the shuttle and saved 15 dollars.

I can go to Applebees after the game which I normally do. And get 2.50 beers, and on occasion mixed drink (usually a long island for $4) I end up getting 2 beers for the dome and the game. I go out after to drink (to save money, and get a nice BUZZ !!!)

Just saying.

Ooh and I never do Paid 15 dollar parking (Just had a situation Friday night where I had to park over there to meet people before) and i still parked at the apartments and walked over and took the shuttle and saved 15 dollars.
My comment was more a don't drink and drive thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom