Was hood secondary defender (yes) then the referee is mandated in writing to call a block | Syracusefan.com

Was hood secondary defender (yes) then the referee is mandated in writing to call a block

pulaski74

Scout Team
One more post on nwrtten duke game (sorry). I previously held the opinion that the last play should be a no call, but googled flopping in college bb. well in an effort to stop flopping ncaa didnt change the block charge rule as much as clarified it. They put it in writing that if a secondary defender attempts to draw a charge under the basket the official must call a blockand i repeat must. before this year it was a gentelemans agreement to just play on in this situation if the official suspected a flop they were supposed to call a block but instead said no way you are not flopping on me and just let it go. this info is from several different websites and u will have to do your own search. bad call should have been and 1 no doubt about, no matter how its spun, no matter who uwere rooting for its a block.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't "under the basket" mean inside the restricted circle?

Hood was outside the restricted area. Still a bad call though. I wish we would hear from the NCAA director of officials to see if they would clarify this play. Would be helpful to everyone. On the other hand, it's unlikely he would want to say anything right now that may be construed as throwing the ref under the bus.

Hood was outside the restricted area. Still a bad call though. I wish we would hear from the NCAA director of officials to see if they would clarify this play. Would be helpful to everyone. On the other hand, it's unlikely he would want to say anything right now that may be construed as throwing the ref under the bus.
dunno, ijust read that college ball doesnt use arestricted line. some coaches wanted it but it wasnt implemented ill go recheck

One more post on nwrtten duke game (sorry). I previously held the opinion that the last play should be a no call, but googled flopping in college bb. well in an effort to stop flopping ncaa didnt change the block charge rule as much as clarified it. They put it in writing that if a secondary defender attempts to draw a charge under the basket the official must call a blockand i repeat must. before this year it was a gentelemans agreement to just play on in this situation if the official suspected a flop they were supposed to call a block but instead said no way you are not flopping on me and just let it go. this info is from several different websites and u will have to do your own search. bad call should have been and 1 no doubt about, no matter how its spun, no matter who uwere rooting for its a block.
yep posted this yesterday on it a good discussion of the rules and how this one blogger pretty much predicted this situation months ago...

http://syracusefan.com/threads/this...this-would-happen-at-duke-in-september.70134/

dunno, ijust read that college ball doesnt use arestricted line. some coaches wanted it but it wasnt implemented ill go recheck
sorry u guys r right guess they put thatin last yr. dont know if he was in or out but going to remove thread.