Was just with Colin Byrne's parents | Syracusefan.com

Was just with Colin Byrne's parents

llandz

Living Legend
It was very interesting hearing them talk about when he was knocked out, how their son explained how he felt, and hearing how they rushed him right to Crouse for an MRI. They are staying at my hotel and just met the parents at breakfast. Just an interesting take from a parent's perspective. The father rushed down from the stands and met them in the locker room where they said they did not even stop, and within 5 minutes his son was in an MRI machine at Crouse. His son remembers that everything sounded so distant in the dome. He thinks he was blacked out. The mom describing how relieved she was when they finally had him move each foot. They were very impressed with how everything was handled by the staff and school. He will undergo more tests today to determine the level of concussion. It is his 3rd but they think it is a minor one, and they are not sure of the first one which was in high school. No indication that they think he should stop playing. None in any way. He was with them at the hotel after but he insisted on going back to his room. Mom wanted him to stay with them in the hotel. As a mom I totally get that.

It was very interesting hearing them talk about when he was knocked out, how their son explained how he felt, and hearing how they rushed him right to Crouse for an MRI. They are staying at my hotel and just met the parents at breakfast. Just an interesting take from a parent's perspective. The father rushed down from the stands and met them in the locker room where they said they did not even stop, and within 5 minutes his son was in an MRI machine at Crouse. His son remembers that everything sounded so distant in the dome. He thinks he was blacked out. The mom describing how relieved she was when they finally had him move each foot. They were very impressed with how everything was handled by the staff and school. He will undergo more tests today to determine the level of concussion. It is his 3rd but they think it is a minor one, and they are not sure of the first one which was in high school. No indication that they think he should stop playing. None in any way. He was with them at the hotel after but he insisted on going back to his room. Mom wanted him to stay with them in the hotel. As a mom I totally get that.
Are you talking about Byrne?

so this means we probably have even more issues at center the next 2 weeks and who is even the next in line? a Walkon?

so this means we probably have even more issues at center the next 2 weeks and who is even the next in line? a Walkon?

We're going to have a 3rd string center snapping to a former walk on QB against FSU next week.

We're going to have a defense of primarily freshmen and sophomores on the field.

Everyone might want to take a week off from the board next week. It's going to be unreasonably ugly.

Yea, Donnie Foster really struggled yesterday.One time, he looked like he was trying to get out of the way of the defender. What happened to Duerig?

Yea, Donnie Foster really struggled yesterday.One time, he looked like he was trying to get out of the way of the defender. What happened to Duerig?

I wish he'd gotten out of the way on the chop block.

Sorry about the wrong name. Was just leaving for the airport, and was trying to quickly write this. Back in AZ. Almost too warm for me here...

Quickly looked at the list and knew it was a red shirt freshman from St. Thomas Aquinas when I forgot the name. Didn't even realize both players met the criteria.

It's Colin's mom who is the West Genny grad, right? Thought she was mid-70s (76?) but never figured out what her maiden name is.

His snaps were off before the injury, I wonder if something was going on injury wise and then he hurt it more seriously? I hope he's doing better and there is no serious injury.

Concussions are terrifying. They've cut many careers short and will continue to do so.

For as much as we all love watching/coaching football, we're not the ones out there risking our brains and bodies on every play. I can only imagine if my son wants to play football like I did. Will be tough for me to be impartial and let him do it.

I hope the best for Colin and everyone else suffering through these terrible ordeals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom