was the BC bench talking a bunch of crap or something | Syracusefan.com

was the BC bench talking a bunch of crap or something

orangehomer

All American
I don't remember an SU team posturing like that at an opponent bench. seemed personal.

I think OB is a yapper. I"m sure the BC bench was piping in but every game you can see OB talking.

I only saw Brissett seeming to give them a bit of the business once, after a corner three(?). What else happened?

I don't think he was giving them the business, I think he was yelling with the crowd.

I actually thought there was pretty good sportsmanship from both teams most of the game. Guys helping each other up, apologizing after hard fouls, etc. The only thing I noticed was there seemed to be something between Tyus and Bowman toward the end of the game. As for the Brissett thing - when guys are shooting in front of the opposing team's bench, the bench players almost always are saying something in your ear as you're shooting. Wouldn't call that trash talk, and I'm sure OB was just chirping back after he made it that they need to do better than that or something to that effect.

OB was definitely turning around and chirping to the BC bench after he hit a few of those shots in the first half. In the replay you can see 2-3 BC guys on the bench saying something to him before he shoots and OB turns around and smiles and says something back... but BC was definitely chirping first.

for clarity my post wasn't meant in criticism of the SU players, I was just surprised they were openly chatting the bench of a bad team like BC. having said that, I don't have any problem with trash talk in basketball or sports at all. they are better than BC and it doesn't bother me if they need to tell them that.

I remember the stories about Southerland doing that. I guess his farts would literally make people gag.

Holy cow I forgot all about that lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom