Was thinking about old GTown/Syr games. The McNabb game | Syracusefan.com

Was thinking about old GTown/Syr games. The McNabb game

djcon57

Living Legend
...was one of the most insane games ever. How did that happen?

The starting QB walks onto the team and then completely takes over the game vs your biggest rival.

Nuts

The starting QB walks onto the team and then completely takes over the game vs your biggest rival.

Nuts

That game was certainly one of the exciting bright shots of an otherwise incredibly frustrating season.

Wasn't JB quoted at some point saying that if McNabb had been a basketball first athlete, he could have started at point guard?

Nuts

Bad foul trouble, I think.

And he got big minutes that game because he produced. I think he scored something like 6-8 points, and had a sick block of hoya man-mountain Jahidi White.

Truly a remarkable performance for a "walk on" -- even more remarkable when you factor that it came against our hated rival.

Bad foul trouble. Otis Hill foul trouble. Etan Thomas fouled out in the FIRST HALF. Elvir Ovcina was absent from the team, so Boeheim had to put Donovan in.

Bad foul trouble, I think.

And he got big minutes that game because he produced. I think he scored something like 6-8 points, and had a sick block of hoya man-mountain Jahidi White.
He scored 10, actually, and had a pretty sweet dunk along the baseline if I recall (on an alley oop maybe?).

That game was ridiculous was his performance.

Bad foul trouble. Otis Hill foul trouble. Etan Thomas fouled out in the FIRST HALF. Elvir Ovcina was absent from the team, so Boeheim had to put Donovan in.

I remember being 12 and thinking Thomas was horrible after that game.

That game was nuts. Etan (was he still Derrick at that point?) fouling out in the first half was one of the strangest things I have ever seen. Has that ever happened to another SU player? McNabb made Jahidi his beach.

Wasn't JB quoted at some point saying that if McNabb had been a basketball first athlete, he could have started at point guard?
I think he said something like , if he'd stuck to basketball he'd be the next Michael Jordan.

I think JAB said he made the right decision with football. He would have been a pretty good college guard if he concentrated on basketball but that's about all. He also said he was a 6'3" PF and there was too much a demand for those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom