Was this guy dissing the 'Cuse? | Syracusefan.com

Was this guy dissing the 'Cuse?

Watched this last night. First thing I thought of when I saw the Orange Jersey was that it was a Cuse jersey... I didnt think he was dissing us tho, I thought he was just a dude dressing up as a basketball player, and pulled a Cuse jersey out of his closet (which would make him a fan). He went a little far with the black face tho

Am I missing something? It's not a Syracuse jersey... it's an orange shirt... supposed to replicate a prisoner

Am I missing something? It's not a Syracuse jersey... it's an orange shirt... supposed to replicate a prisoner
I'm pretty sure you are missing something. I didn't watch the link posted, but on the show last night it stated a few times that he was imitating a basketball player

I'm pretty sure you are missing something. I didn't watch the link posted, but on the show last night it stated a few times that he was imitating a basketball player
I know that, I think you guys are the ones missing something... the orange isn't to represent the syracuse Orange, it's to represent a black basketball player in prisoner attire

I know that, I think you guys are the ones missing something... the orange isn't to represent the syracuse Orange, it's to represent a black basketball player in prisoner attire

When I said the first thing I thought of was that it was a Cuse jersey, I wasent trying to state that it was, it was just a thought.. So lets go back to saying it was just an orange jersey.. How does that represent a prisoner? Because its orange? If it was blue would you think the same thing? I've seen blue prison suits before

When I said the first thing I thought of was that it was a Cuse jersey, I wasent trying to state that it was, it was just a thought.. So lets go back to saying it was just an orange jersey.. How does that represent a prisoner? Because its orange? If it was blue would you think the same thing? I've seen blue prison suits before
I'm not sure what your argument is... All I'm saying is he's dressing like a prisoner... and no if he wore the exact shirt (notice the v-cut style) but in blue or green I would think he was dressing like a doctor or nurse... The black face/afro is causing outrage but I don't think most people realize he's impersonating a prisoner, all the while pretending to be black, which is more racist than black face, IMO. But I digress...

I'm not sure what your argument is... All I'm saying is he's dressing like a prisoner... and no if he wore the exact shirt (notice the v-cut style) but in blue or green I would think he was dressing like a doctor or nurse... The black face/afro is causing outrage but I don't think most people realize he's impersonating a prisoner, all the while pretending to be black, which is more racist than black face, IMO. But I digress...

I guess I just heard Stewart say basketball player and assumed he had a jersey on. Didn't pay attention to the V neck. Either way, that bit was funny as he11. The clip doesn't show it, but he went to his correspondent who went on a long rant. Hilarious.

That's right.
Saying it was a basketball jersey was a weak cover-up attempt.
He was called out on it at a news conference and at least one TV station made the point by showing a prison inmate being transported.

Here's a little summary of the use of our favorite color in corrections:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2010/12/orange_alert.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom